Rolls Royce Chauffeur's Handbook Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Rolls Royce Chauffeur's Handbook « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 83.44.62.166
Posted on Monday, 03 August, 2009 - 05:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello, Rolls Royce owners.

I'm a spanish lover of Rolls Royce cars and I tried to get the Rolls Royce Chauffeur's Handbook, but it's impossible.

Here, in Spain, we can't to get this book because it exists only in United Kingdom and, for example, Rolls Royce Motors Cars Madrid say me that they don't know it.

However, I think that the Rolls Royce School of Instruction is active and that it's possible having the Chauffeur's Handbook; in adition, I think that some people in this forum have passed this course.
Please, if possible, although this seems a joke, ¿could someone tell me how to get the handbook or to upload for everybody?
I have this only way to get this book.

Thanks in advance. Yours faithfully,

David

(Message approved by david_gore)

Colin Silver
Frequent User
Username: colsilver

Post Number: 53
Posted on Friday, 07 August, 2009 - 20:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi David, and welcome to the forum.

While someone may have PDF'd the Handbook with proper copyright license, which you may find out in following posts, your request brings to mind the need for us owners to know how to play Chauffeur.

20 years ago, I knew the protocol for weddings. But now, say each bi-year, I'm chauffeuring a niece or nephew (or a lady friend ) to their 2nd or 3rd wedding. I find I have to re-train myself every time.

I wish I had a book on etiquette in Weddings, Funerals and the less important chauffeuring skills (unless you are employed as one)

Chris Gillings
Frequent User
Username: chrisg

Post Number: 58
Posted on Friday, 07 August, 2009 - 20:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I doubt this is exactly what you're looking for, but it's at least relevant:

What A Good Chauffeur Should Know

Stephe Boddice
Frequent User
Username: stephe_boddice

Post Number: 72
Posted on Saturday, 08 August, 2009 - 08:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The RREC club shop has a reprint of a 1906 book called Etiquette for the Chauffeur.

Book

N. Craig Bryant
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 68.6.89.150
Posted on Saturday, 29 August, 2009 - 12:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sir,

I know the little thin book of which you speak. I was given one by Mr. Robinson, the head of the School of Instruction at Hythe Rd. when I attended the school in the 1970s. Sadly, the days of the school, of Hythe Rd., of Conduit St., and Rolls-Royce publishing such charming things, are long gone I'm afraid. I would think a dealer of automobile literature in England might eventually come up with one. I wish you good luck.

N. Craig Bryant
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 68.6.89.150
Posted on Wednesday, 02 September, 2009 - 09:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Addenda to my last post.

Found my copy of 'The Rolls-Royce Chauffeur'. The publication number of the booklet is TSD 2515, and the copyright date is 1969.

Most charming of the advice from Rolls-Royce..."Don't park the car under lime trees when they are in blossom."