HAPPY NEW YEAR! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » HAPPY NEW YEAR! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mernon Lollich
Experienced User
Username: mernon_lollich

Post Number: 25
Posted on Thursday, 01 January, 2009 - 12:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It's still about six hours before we in California catch up with you, now in the new year, but I want to send my most felicitous best wishes to you all down under for a happy and prosperous new year.

My old Dad, even at his death at 80, always wanted to see Australia (as for Europe, "I never lost anything there" was his attitude toward everywhere else, since all of our antecedents left there long ago). I'm approaching that age at the speed of light, but, finances allowing, I still mean to make it to OZ before I die.

You may take this, hopefully, as a compliment; we Yanks think of Australians as "like us" in many ways - probably because our histories are somewhat similar - think George III. But I'm making a short story long. I'm an unapologetic Anglophile, and though PXX is verboten on this forum I understand, I enjoy a very proper one, Emma, my Silver Cloud, who has wafted me with scarcely a hiccup for several years, and hopefully will till I'm too decrepit to drive.

You are special people in a really screwed up world. God bless you (in case you're wondering, the bubbly hasn't been opened yet!).

Mernon
1958 SC "Emma" LSJF72

Colin Silver
Experienced User
Username: colsilver

Post Number: 19
Posted on Thursday, 01 January, 2009 - 18:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

quote:

I'm approaching that age at the speed of light, but, finances allowing, I still mean to make it to OZ before I die.

Do it Mernon. If you research what we have, and especially get the inside info from Aussies on the net and this forum, you will enjoy yourself. Link into Forums that interest you (like this one), and I'm sure over time you will have an itinerary.

Our country changes in terrain, just as yours does. I recommend fitting in New Zealand too.

Emma won't mind you leaving her for a while. If you think you will cark it, bring her over and leave her in my garage.
Text description

David Bailie
New User
Username: davidb

Post Number: 6
Posted on Thursday, 01 January, 2009 - 18:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Mernon, hope you can make it to Australia. We live in the South East of the continent, about 75 miles NW of Melbourne, email me if you need help or info.
Regards,
David Bailie