Graham Whitehouse Cloud II Modification Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Graham Whitehouse Cloud II Modification « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Wort
Grand Master
Username: robert_wort

Post Number: 371
Posted on Tuesday, 15 July, 2008 - 15:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Greetings all,
One of our Victoria Branch Members has asked me if anyone knows about the work that Graham Whitehouse of the UK does to modify Rolls-Royce and Bentley motorcars.
Apparently there was a brief article in the February edtion of Classic & Sports Car Magazine (he sent me a scan as attached), by Martin Buckley and he was wondering exactly what modifications were carried out to make the car the 'Best Car I Drove.'

Modified Cloud II

I personally prefer them as they are.
Clouds are lovely to drive anyway, however I would appreciate any feedback.

Stephe Boddice
Frequent User
Username: stephe_boddice

Post Number: 64
Posted on Wednesday, 16 July, 2008 - 03:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Rob,

Check out his web site under the 'conversions' folder.
http://www.gwautos.com/gwa2.swf
Coincidences being what they are his workshop is only about 20km from where I live.

SB
www.boddice.co.uk

Robert Wort
Grand Master
Username: robert_wort

Post Number: 372
Posted on Wednesday, 16 July, 2008 - 09:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you Stephe,
I see in his conversion, he changes the transmission to a modern 4 speed, the prop shaft, the anti roll bar, headlamps, sound system, front brakes to discs and removes the old servo to a modern vaccuum system,modern universals, central locking and the list goes on. All this for a total (if you go for the whole package)of 26,450 pounds.

I have no doubt that the conversion would bring the Cloud into the 21st. century, but then it's no longer a Cloud, is it?

Owners that want all these gizmos would be better served with a Seraph.

I love the Clouds for what they are don't you?