Drive and be driven day NSW Branch Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Drive and be driven day NSW Branch « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

scott
Yet to post message
Username: scott

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, 22 March, 2008 - 21:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello All,

This is my first post having been a member (non owner) for the last few years. Having nearly purchased a Shadow 1 some years ago I decided to join the club and often read the RR forum and regular RR member magazines that arrive in my mailbox. The nearly but not quite purchase of the shadow ( the owner changed his mind) was replaced with the purchase of an S class benz with 67,000klms on the clock. This has proved a reliable and great every day driver - not quite an RR but has earned a degree of respect from me - engineering quite amazing.

I am a member of both the Mercedes and RR/Bentley clubs and decided to attend the upcomimg joint Benz and RR/Bentley run to Mt Tomah in May. So I thought I should attend the next RR/Bentley function to meet some club members. This happened to be the March "Drive and be driven day" at Peats Ridge NSW.

Given that I am a non owner I was reluctant to paticipate in RR club events but what the heck.

The purpose of this rambling message is to provide a great thank you to all those members that my wife and I met on the day. We were welcomed very warmly (even for a benz owner)and the generosity of owners was just terrific. I was happy just to have a chat with owners and perhaps attend a few passenger rides. But many owners said 'NO NO" you must drive the car and handed me the keys was totally unexpected. This generosity to a person they have just met, to entrust me with their wonderful motor car really requires a written thank you.

A special thanks (just to name a few) to

Brian - The immaculate as new Silver Spirit II

Steve and Ian - The fast Turbo Bentley R

Michael Jeanes - for the great chat on the running costs of a Shadow 1

Judith & Peter - for their long wheel base shadow 1

Geoff and Krystle - for their 1920s RR

And not least David and the magnificent Phantom V.

Thank you all and to the other members my wife and I met on the day. We couldnt get to meet everyone.

I look foward to meeting some of you again on the Mt Tomah Run in May.

Regards and a heartfelt thank you for making one of my best motoring Sundays.

Scott and Julie - Newcastle
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian Crump
Experienced User
Username: brian_crump

Post Number: 12
Posted on Sunday, 23 March, 2008 - 12:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Scott and Julie,
It was our pleasure. It was an outstanding day and enormous fun. These cars are made to be driven, or driven in, and I suspect a Ghost is just the thing you need to round out your experiences.
Regards,
Brian