G-Whizz. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » G-Whizz. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: client-86-29-93-55.brig.adsl.tesco.net
Posted on Saturday, 08 September, 2007 - 04:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

A lad at work has an electric car called a G-Whizz and I am impressed with it because it so easy to use and in traffic it is quieter than a RR on the move in free moving traffic all you hear is a whine.

He asked me to have a look at a small generator he has, the idea being that the generator is kept in the boot and should a lack of power occur then he has a get out of jail card.

He wanted me to rewire the ignition system on the generator so that after say one hour the genny stops.

I had a quick look and then it hit me -simple-just put enough petrol in it to run for 1 hour.

Any way we tried it by allowing the battery to go low and a 2 hour genny run put enough in to get the car 6 miles.

The boss at work has also suggested power points in the car park connected to a coin meter ( you have to pay for the power because the tax man will get funny about it.

Give it 10 years and I can see many more electric cars on the road.

Hybrid cars I think will prove to be a dead end

(Message approved by david_gore)