SRH20280 has a new custodian. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » SRH20280 has a new custodian. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeffrey McCarthy
Experienced User
Username: jefmac2003

Post Number: 12
Posted on Tuesday, 10 July, 2007 - 21:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi everyone,
I've been a bit busy over the last week but I'm delighted to announce that my search has ended successfully. SRH20280, a late 1974 Moreland Green over Pewter Silver Shadow One (stet!) has been purring around my little town for 2 days now. I would not have made it through the mazes and traps without this site. So once again a very big thanks. By way of this, if only to save the site administrators some work dealing with 'yet more new-owner anxiety questions' I will try, in the next weeks - work and pleasure [grin] permitting attempt to set up a basic website/diary of my progress through the new owner bugs and wobbles.

It'll no doubt be a Comedy of Errors (and hopefully not a case of Loves Labours Lost) but might be useful to somebody out there going through some stage of the search-inspection-purchase-discovery journey from the perpective of someone who had never even bought any car before and with minimum auto mechanical knowledge to(in the?) boot!

Special mention to Peter D., meeting whom would have been (and was) a special life experience in itself, even if I hadn't ended up buying this particular car: a gentleman in the best sense of the word.

In proper motoring bliss,

Jeff

Robert Follia
New User
Username: robertofollia

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, 10 July, 2007 - 23:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Congratulations Jeff! A new Owner. One less in wannabe state- Guess it's my turn.
I wish you a long and trouble free ownership.

Regards,
Robert

(Message edited by admin on 11 July 2007)

Mark Herbstreit
Frequent User
Username: mark_herbstreit

Post Number: 73
Posted on Saturday, 14 July, 2007 - 15:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Congratulations Jeff. SRH20280 was a multiple concourse class winner in the early eighties and achieved an overall win at state level in 1984. I'm sure you'll give your Shadow all the attention it deserves.

Jeffrey McCarthy
Experienced User

Post Number: 19
Posted on Monday, 23 July, 2007 - 11:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all,

I've set up a basic web page with a photo and some basic details of the car and a few questions. If anyone would like to take a look the address is:

http://www.geocities.com/jefmac2003/SRH20280.html

I'll get around to setting up a weblog diary when I get time off from working on the car and can learn my around the Yahoo Geocities site.

Happy motoring,

Jeff

Raymond Parkin
Unregistered guest
Posted From: salisbury-isp.plain.net.au
Posted on Friday, 27 July, 2007 - 14:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Jeff would like to contact you re your succesful search for a good Shadow,could you email your phone number please,pref not a mobile thanks very much and congratulations.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Jeffrey McCarthy
Experienced User

Post Number: 21
Posted on Sunday, 29 July, 2007 - 07:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Raymond,
No problem - could you email me with your email address - because you're not registered I can't reply through the site. Cheers, Jeff