Is this the new Rolls-Royce Compact? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Is this the new Rolls-Royce Compact? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Wort
Grand Master
Username: robert_wort

Post Number: 362
Posted on Sunday, 24 June, 2007 - 13:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Spotted on www.windingroad.com is an image of the proposed new compact Rolls-Royce for 2010.
It has been dubbed as The Silver Shadow Concept.

Can't they find a new name?

Silver Shadow Concept

Glenn Amer
Experienced User
Username: recordo

Post Number: 28
Posted on Monday, 25 June, 2007 - 23:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

nice looking car (for a modern car, that is!)

Anyone see the film of John Laws driving away from 2UE in his Phantom on one of the current affairs shows today (June 25 2007), just after he announced his impending retirement. Those Phantoms just keep growing on me.

Robert Wort
Grand Master

Post Number: 363
Posted on Monday, 25 June, 2007 - 23:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes I did see 'J.L' drive out in his Phantom and yes, it's grown on me too. I hope they don't actually call the 2010 car a Shadow though. Why not a Silver Spectre (As used on a Pre-War experimental car-a PIII I think). They could even name the new models after their famous engines. Let's see now- A Silver Merlin?
Hmmmmm. Maybe not.

bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 86.29.93.252
Posted on Monday, 25 June, 2007 - 19:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I don't like the split crown line it gives the car "mudguards"

Not sure about the curved rad grill.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Robert
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 108.red-80-36-61.staticip.rima-tde.net
Posted on Tuesday, 26 June, 2007 - 19:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The styling is quite nice, but the raked grille and these futuristic headlamps do not pay tribute to RR's glorious heritage. It would need twin (as that nice Phantom conversion) or a big single headlamp

Robert Wort
Grand Master

Post Number: 364
Posted on Wednesday, 27 June, 2007 - 20:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'm not sure about the rear end treatment Robert but, the Phantom has grown on me and I suppose this one will too. No such thing as a bad Rolls-Royce.

Glenn Amer
Experienced User
Username: recordo

Post Number: 29
Posted on Thursday, 28 June, 2007 - 08:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I guess they're considering calling it the "Silver Shadow" because that was the best selling car they made. Honestly I'd rather see thousands of these on the roads than top line Mercedes or BMWs. Whilst I don't like the raked grille, I guess they have to adapt a little to the modern styling. I'd like Rolls Royce to still make the original "new" Phantom (I'd also be happy to wear a top hat - seriously) but unfortunately for me, styles have changed. Guess they've made the decision not to make museum-piece cars. And they're probably jealous of all those wonderful Bentleys being sold.

Jim.Cowin.
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 202.93.171.202
Posted on Sunday, 29 July, 2007 - 13:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Not a bad looking car at all, but I still say that a Rolls Royce should have a big bold bumper. It really gives it that added something.