Can you Believe these morons? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Can you Believe these morons? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Wort
Grand Master
Username: robert_wort

Post Number: 348
Posted on Sunday, 11 March, 2007 - 22:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Can you believe these morons?

Look at this website and weep.

http://www.rollsroyceconversions.com/index.htm

Please bring back the death penalty

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 656
Posted on Monday, 12 March, 2007 - 17:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Robert,In my youth i remember seeing many Rolls Royce's used for garage breakdown work,many had Jib's and hand winch's after the rear bodywork was removed.
This came about by the low demand for the cars due to the shortage of petrol.
If history is repeating itself then maybe the demand for them is drying up,due to the fuel cost and maybe the wrong image set by many "old crew" owners to the younger generation!

Robert Wort
Grand Master
Username: robert_wort

Post Number: 351
Posted on Monday, 12 March, 2007 - 17:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Pat,

That's indeed very true.

The trouble is that this bloke is putting these bodies onto a Chevrolet Chassis and running them on 350 Chev engines.

It puts these cars in an irreversible state of disrepair.

He murders about 10 Rolls-Royce cars a year.

bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: brig-cache-4.server.ntli.net
Posted on Monday, 12 March, 2007 - 05:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The pick up is rubbish.

The whole idea is useless.

The execution of the conversion is rubbish.

The panel that seals off the cab from the bed is a flat piece of steel with a cheaply rubber mounted window.

I have seen rubbish like this before they put shiny paint on it and think it is great.

Bit like polishing a turd-- it is still a turd.

Hopefully no one will encourage them by buying it.

These guys need a slap round the face with a wet fish

IF I wanted a pickup I would just get a Toyota Hilux like every one else.Saw one the other day in good order for £750.

I cannot understand why anyone would want a pickup when they really need just a car.

A lad at work has a Ford Ranger and I suggested that we load it with 2 ton of rubble for boat ballast and he went white at the thought that the bed would get stratched. Pointless vehicle, it was not cheap neither ---£20,000.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Jim. Cowin.
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 202.93.171.202
Posted on Thursday, 12 April, 2007 - 15:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bob, I'll agree with you. That thing has no style, no grace & is a bloody great waste of a classis Cloud. The bloke who made needs a good swift kick were his mother never kissed him !

(Message approved by david_gore)

Jeff Jones
New User
Username: jeffoir

Post Number: 9
Posted on Saturday, 15 September, 2007 - 15:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I agree with the above comments, the truck is absolutely tragic. One thing for all the Cloud owners out there though....I've been looking for some very hard to find parts for eternity. I'd approached numerous suppliers and wreckers and nobody could help. After seeing his web address on this forum, I thought why not as a last resort. Anyway, I emailed him and voila he had the parts! Reasonably priced too. My guess was that he had a lot of parts around the place that he'd removed off the original Clouds to make way for his god-awful truck creations.