Most common second hand import origin Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Most common second hand import origin « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

james woo
Experienced User
Username: james

Post Number: 7
Posted on Friday, 01 August, 2003 - 12:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi everyone

does any one know what are the most common place used RR are imported from? Any place of origin that need to be watch out for?

David did kindly warned me about imports from Hong Kong, I suppose Hong Kong will be one of the bigger exporter as I have learned that Hong Kong's got the most Rolls Royces in the world per capita.

Cheers
James
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 87
Posted on Friday, 01 August, 2003 - 13:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

James,

RHD R-R/B cars are regularly imported from the UK, the Middle East and Hong Kong and all will have problems to varying degrees. The UK cars with corrosion and general lack of preventative maintenance, the Middle-east cars will have sun-damaged paintwork, woodwork and upholstery as well as maintenance neglect and the HK cars have all the previous problems as well as mechanical components that show far greater wear than the car's mileage suggests [see other post for reasons]. It is better to purchase an Australian-delivered car [or an import that has been in the country for a long time] from a Club member for your first car then you can decide to look at imports once you know more about the cars and can make an informed purchase decision.