Dont get me wrong, its a nice car but... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Dont get me wrong, its a nice car but... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jason Pfeiffer
Experienced User
Username: jpsnaggs

Post Number: 46
Posted on Monday, 27 November, 2006 - 04:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Happy Holidays everyone.

So, I was home for a recent vacation and spent the week driving my dads Phantom and Brooklands. I know, poor me... BUT, I was really unimpressed by the Phantom. Done get me wrong, but it is a real beauty, wonderful interior, quietest car I have ever been in, blah blah blah.. But, I just dont know if it is a Rolls? It smells like a Lincoln, or Mercedes or something, and believe me it gets looks.. But still. I kind of like mine?

The brooklands is nice as well, more my style and I probably could forsee myself getting one eventually (or taking my dads) as long as I could find someone in town to fix it... In TUcson, most will not touch cars after about 87.

While in Los Angeles, I had the chance to look and drive a newer Flying Spur... Less my style then the Phantom and Brooklands as well.

Am I weird?

bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: brig-cache-4.server.ntli.net
Posted on Thursday, 30 November, 2006 - 06:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

No you are not weird.

I dislike the Phantom 7 not because it is a BMW Rolls-Royce but because it does not look quite right, it seems to take styling cues from a Shadow and a Cloud with a bit of Spirit thrown in for good measure.

The style of the various RR models tend to follow the style of the day only 5 years to late.

Apart from the grill the models have a different shape.

Jaguar have styling cues that make the car a Jag -rear quarter lights for example. Which is why the Aston Martin looks like a Jag. The Jag styling cues overwelm the only Aston Martin syling cues which is the grill.

VW have got the Bentley look right with the GT that has been copied with the Crossfire.

VW have made a modern version of the 1950's Continental. It is just right - although I think the rear could do with a bit of work.

If I had to have a Limo then it would be neck and neck with the Phantom and the Maybach

(Message approved by david_gore)

Jim.Cowin.
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 58.96.137.131
Posted on Wednesday, 07 November, 2007 - 14:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have to admit that the Phantom is growing on me. I did not like it at all when I first spotted it,but the more that I see it the more I realise that it is a Rolls Royce in every sence of the name. Mind you, I would really like a drive of it!

(Message approved by david_gore)