Bought some gliptone Liquid Leather n... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Bought some gliptone Liquid Leather need advice « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jason Pfeiffer
Experienced User
Username: jpsnaggs

Post Number: 17
Posted on Wednesday, 16 August, 2006 - 13:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hey all, I think I am posting too much. Oh well.

So I bought some Gliptone Liquid Leather. I hope I am not going to regret this. My seats are in great shape, and I love the smell of leather and Hide food, but on some earlier posts, it was suggested that I invest in some gliptone to use with the hide food.

Anyone have any recommedations? Will it ruin the smell? Will it just add to the smell?

HELP!!!

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 1060
Posted on Wednesday, 16 August, 2006 - 19:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Depending on the batch, this stuff can be a bit strong, hence the use of it combined with Hide Food. Then the resulting smell is arguably perfect.

Gliptone sell Gentle Cleaner. This is pure soft soap, and is just a quality liquid baby soap. It is important to clean the leather before treatment. Clean the leather with baby soap, wipe off with a thoroughly wet rag a few times and allow it to dry. Repair any scuffs with Gliptone Scuff Master Leather Dye and allow to dry. Then apply the Liquid Leather Conditioner (the stuff with the smell) sparingly, and finally Hide Food. You will be amazed at the appearance and at the restored smell of new upholstery.

PETER DIXON
Frequent User
Username: petenlinid

Post Number: 49
Posted on Saturday, 23 September, 2006 - 12:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Can someone advise where Gliptone is available in Australia. Tried the usual Autobarn/Repco type outlets without luck.

Thanks
Peter

John Kilkenny
Experienced User
Username: john_kilkenny

Post Number: 21
Posted on Sunday, 24 September, 2006 - 10:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Peter,
Autobarn US (www.autobarn.net)has Gliptone products and will accept credit card orders for shipment to Australia. See their site for prices.
The Gliptone site (www.gliptone.com)includes a leather care guide.