Spreading the word Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Spreading the word « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 698
Posted on Saturday, 29 July, 2006 - 20:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

There was a time when technical communications issued by the Rolls-Royce and Bentley companies were treated with great confidentiality. This persisted until the old Factory closed. Fortunately the copyright on the many manuals issued passed to Bentley Motors who have not hesitated to remove the copyright embargo for the benefit of owners and restorers alike with the caveat that this relaxation was not to be exploited through profitable reproductions.

Well for the benefit of us all a coterie of enthusiasts have produced or are producing by tedious scanning, digital versions of all the post war manuals plus sundry technical papers which should be of interest. These will be placed progressively on this Federal web site. Thanks to our Forum Administrator we now have the makings of a technical library available to the whole world regardless of club membership or car ownership.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: brig-cache-4.server.ntli.net
Posted on Wednesday, 02 August, 2006 - 06:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

That is excellent news and I am sure that this will be of great benefit to all those who are interested in RR and Bentley cars.

I dislike secrets because I think a lot of problems would be solved if people were more open.

I saw no reason why the old RR organisation was so secretive.

I ask questions at my local RR dealership and they always give me anwers willingly because they know that regardless of what they say I will still repair it myself and at least they make money from the parts I buy. Which is why I buy my parts from them I may pay a little bit more but they do look after me well.

A person who buys a new Rolls-Royce is unlikely to want to repair the car them selves and it must be in the makers interest that the cars are properly repaired when they are old.

For what the cars ( any car ) cost all makers could easily afford to include a FULL workshop manual with every car. The Shadow one does not need to cost £250 it could just as easily be £10, if they print loads.

(Message approved by david_gore)