Other cars. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Other cars. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 80.3.64.11
Posted on Sunday, 04 June, 2006 - 04:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have just had a test drive of a new Cadilac.
The look of the car is personal taste and subjective.

But the way it drove was somthing else.

The ride was ok handling ok. But the brakes felt soggy and try as I could I could not get the car to accelerate smoothly I either gave to much gas or not enough.

I just didn't have the delicacy of control that the brakes and throttle pedal have in Rolls-Royce.

My Shadow is so much easier to drive.

Powerful engines need fine control for the car to give its best.

(Message approved by david_gore)

John Shostrom
Experienced User
Username: silvawraith2

Post Number: 39
Posted on Thursday, 08 June, 2006 - 00:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

When discussing the Silver Shadow, I believe Harry Grylls termed that delicacy as a "ball of silk." And isn't it interesting to note that, 40 years later, a good Shadow is still a great car to drive anywhere in the world!

bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 80.3.64.11
Posted on Friday, 16 June, 2006 - 05:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Strangely the Cadilac has been taken back to have the engine management system checked because it appears the stupid computer is not reading the throttle pedal control pot correctly.

The agents says that this is to be expected with a new car and a new model.

I shall have another go when it reappears.

I suspect that the computer does not read gradual analogue movement but rather steps which are defined so there never can be a bit in between which is what I was trying to find.

(Message approved by david_gore)