The Automotive Handbook. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » The Automotive Handbook. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alan Dibley
Frequent User
Username: alsdibley

Post Number: 378
Posted on Tuesday, 02 May, 2023 - 18:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have a copy of this reference book issued in 1986 - the 2nd edition - so it covers most topics I'm likely to want to know about. It is a comprehensive technical encyclopedia of everything automotive and general items like screw threads, for example. New copies cost lots, but second-hand/pre-owned copies can be found for a few ££s or $$s. Every classic car enthusiast should have one.

It is published by Robert Bosch GMBH. If you can think of some topic that needs clarifying or explaining just look it up in the index and read. But be warned it is a bit like browsing the net, you get hooked and an hour later you are wiser about seventeen things you had never heard of.

Alan D.

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User
Username: shadow_11

Post Number: 839
Posted on Tuesday, 02 May, 2023 - 20:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Alan, I've just found a used copy for sale on World of Books (only €8.39) and have ordered it.

Graham Watson
Experienced User
Username: graham508

Post Number: 98
Posted on Wednesday, 03 May, 2023 - 00:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Alan I have just ordered a used copy.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: