The shabby shadow............... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » The shabby shadow............... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Paul Dabrowski
New User
Username: shabbyshadow2

Post Number: 5
Posted on Wednesday, 26 April, 2006 - 18:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well I have finally made the plunge. As we speak my Shadow 2 is at the panelshop having the bonnet, roof and bootlid repainted, plus the small dent I put in the front guard fixed.
It was made more appealing as we have 2 panelshops at work and one was crying out for work.
I have a question:
1. Has anyone had any experience with locally made (australian) windscreens? And does the seal normally need to be replaced when the screen is removed? My seal seems to be ok, no visible cracking - but at 600 bucks - sheesh!

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 633
Posted on Wednesday, 26 April, 2006 - 20:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

In my experience (not a great deal with RR screens) the Australian items are just as good and very much cheaper. If the seal can be cleaned up and is not torn distorted or otherwise damaged it can be used again. Lots of sealant seems to be the answer.

Paul Dabrowski
New User
Username: shabbyshadow2

Post Number: 6
Posted on Thursday, 04 May, 2006 - 22:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

After talking to the guy at the panelshop, i think i will go the whole hog and get the whole car painted. i managed to get a replacement fiberglass front spoiler from bob chapman and will have that fitted, so at least the car will look the part. just the wood and the leather next. are the wood pieces on the dash hard to remove?