Cruise Control Bellows Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Cruise Control Bellows « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Randy Roberson
Frequent User
Username: wascator

Post Number: 875
Posted on Thursday, 16 June, 2022 - 02:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Will the cruise control bellows leak or affect engine operation when the cruise control is off or not being used? My intuition says No, but am I missing something?

Jim Walters
Frequent User
Username: jim_walters

Post Number: 366
Posted on Thursday, 16 June, 2022 - 02:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

No, unless there is a leak. Pinch off the vacuum hose going to it and see if engine operation changes. You can also put a short length of hose to your ear and listen around the bellows for the hiss of leaking air

SRH8505 SRC18015 SRE22493 NAC-05370
www.bristolmotors.com

michael vass
Frequent User
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 750
Posted on Thursday, 16 June, 2022 - 17:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I replaced mine with a CV joint boot worked great

Randy Roberson
Frequent User
Username: wascator

Post Number: 877
Posted on Wednesday, 06 July, 2022 - 23:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks; My car's cruise is down right now; for the problem I am seeing with poor running, like it is a vacuum leak, I wanted to be sure it was not being caused by the cruise being apart.

Jim Walters
Frequent User
Username: jim_walters

Post Number: 367
Posted on Thursday, 07 July, 2022 - 03:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

If the cruise bellows is apart then the vacuum hose going to the intake manifold must be plugged off or you will have a big vacuum leak from it. If you think you have a vacuum leak easiest way to find it is to do a smoke test but of course you need a smoke generator for that. Is this on your Shadow II? Is it only at idle that it runs poorly or at all speeds? Any difference in running if you disconnect the float chamber vent hoses from the fuel receiver?

SRH8505 SRC18015 SRE22493 NAC-05370
www.bristolmotors.com

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 3299
Posted on Thursday, 07 July, 2022 - 03:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Randy,

I seem to recall you recently either replacing or lubricating your solenoids for anti-run-on and weakener, but on the off chance I might be mistaken definitely check that they're opening/closing correctly and completely.

I had horrible idling issues (it literally wouldn't) and higher speed running issues with LRK37110 because the anti-run-on solenoid was stuck in the open (or at least partially open) position. Once that was fixed the issue went away completely.

Brian

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: