No comments Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » No comments « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Miguel A. Garcia
Prolific User
Username: magarcia

Post Number: 107
Posted on Monday, 03 April, 2006 - 20:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Had you seen this before?

http://www.bodasenrolls.com/rollingstart/wallrollerl.JPG
The complet story at:
http://www.bodasenrolls.com/rollingstart/rollers.htm

Just no comments:
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 620
Posted on Monday, 03 April, 2006 - 22:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Miguel

An interesting analogy. As you are aware there has been extraordinary reaction to the recent lampooning of a much revered diety thanks to your Northern cheesemaking chums. I thought that was in bad taste. Stupidly however having viewed the recommended sites I was stirred until I remembered the Factory supervisor telling me in 1980 'It is only a car you know'. And he was quite right. The aura that gives us this twinge when we witness the desecration of the cars we revere (even if they are only cars)was ironically not of Fred Royce's making but his bloody spin merchants admittedly in later years. As the reknown Ashley James writes in Praeclarvm even the press were reluctant to criticise the advent of the Silver Cloud - simply because it was a Rolls bloody Royce!

I am no philospopher nor psychologist but I think we all need our icons be they heavenly or earth bound. But perversely we also love to see that the icons are not infallible. So web sites as you quote spring up. Some think this is healthy but I wonder and worry particularly for the young who must wonder what the Hell they are to look up to?

I will go and have another 4 fingers of Glen Livett!