Pro Hart Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Pro Hart « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peter Colwell
New User
Username: peter_colwell

Post Number: 8
Posted on Wednesday, 29 March, 2006 - 05:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It saddens me to hear of the death of Pro Hart. I have been to his Broken Hill Gallery several times, each time wending my way past the two Bentley S that are parked under the carport at the front of the Gallery.

I think that it was one of Pro Hart's cars that was used briefly in the (forgettable) 2002 Bryan Brown film 'Dirty Deeds', which was filmed in the Broken Hill area.

Last time I was there, - 2002, - the NSW Governor had just arrived, in her white Statesman with Crown plate. Somehow it made me feel very 'Australian' to see her there, with Pro in his regular clobber. The entourage of suit-clad lackeys somehow looked very out-of-place.....

Peter

Peter Colwell
New User
Username: peter_colwell

Post Number: 9
Posted on Wednesday, 05 April, 2006 - 04:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

http://www.ntnews.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,7034,18717041%255E421,00.html

is the URl of a report yesterday in the Northern Territory News (?) of the State funeral for Pro Hart in Broken Hill.

Quote;
Pride of place in the funeral procession were two of the artist's much-loved Rolls-Royces, including one he painted in a rainbow of colours featuring Australian scenes.

Mark Herbstreit
Experienced User
Username: mark_herbstreit

Post Number: 31
Posted on Thursday, 11 May, 2006 - 17:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

We had the opportunity to visit the gallery on our recent Darwin trip. The first picture is of my Shadow II SRH30264 'posing' with Pro's painted Shadow. This I believe will become a very valuable car. (I mean Pro's, not mine!)

(Message edited by david_gore on May 13, 2006)

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 647
Posted on Thursday, 11 May, 2006 - 20:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am intrigued with the other car which looks a bit like an Armstrong Siddeley Star Sapphire or possibly a Bentley?

Mark Herbstreit
Experienced User
Username: mark_herbstreit

Post Number: 32
Posted on Friday, 12 May, 2006 - 15:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

S series Bentley. I took photos of the windscreen rego labels so I wouldn't have to remember chassis numbers but unfortunately they weren't clear enough to read when I got home. The Bentley doesn't look like it has moved for a while.