Wedding car hire fees Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Wedding car hire fees « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glen Poolen
Frequent User
Username: wgipps

Post Number: 269
Posted on Wednesday, 26 May, 2021 - 10:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi again. General question. What sort of costs are ballpark charges for using your RR for wedding hire? Ive got a question from a friend In Melb - Berwick to Olinda for 1.5hrs or Mt Eliza to Olinda 2hrs. Insurance and technical like issues aside, what sort of ballpark can i give her. thanks.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 2309
Posted on Wednesday, 26 May, 2021 - 17:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Glen,

I charged a minimum of $350.
That was for anywhere between 1 hour and 4.
Then it was hourly after that of $150 per hour.

Trevor Hodgekinson
Frequent User
Username: wm20

Post Number: 242
Posted on Friday, 18 June, 2021 - 22:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

We used to charge $ 450 for the first 2 hours as a minimum fee then $ 200 for the 3rd hour. $ 150 the fourth $ 100 for the the rest of the day So $ 900 for a complete day including the away after the reception.
After the Carr government deregulated wedding car hire so any person with a full drivers license filled in a form paid $ 200 & was given a operators license and any car that was currently registered could be used for weddings the rate dropped to $ 100 flag fall + $ 100 per hour there after.
At those rates I was actually running at a loss if I had to pay a driver.
Which is why the remaining 5 of our 8 cars are sitting in the paddock slowly rusting away.

Trevor Hodgekinson
Frequent User
Username: wm20

Post Number: 243
Posted on Friday, 18 June, 2021 - 22:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

What people tend to forget there is around 4 hours minimum in preparring a car.
We used to get the local Girl scouts to come over & do the detail after I washed the cars.
Those little fingers can get into some very tiny places & they always seemed to be having fun.
At $ 50 a car worth every cent.
In Sydney a taxi can standing rate is $ 64 / hr
And before you ask, the girls turned up in track pants & windcheaters but the boys always turned up in full uniform including that massive scratching belt buckle with equally scratching belt hooks.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: