Racing royces Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Racing royces « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

ross kowalski
Prolific User
Username: cdfpw

Post Number: 1316
Posted on Monday, 17 February, 2020 - 00:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

An older car collector / racer passed away last summer and I ended up with a sports car magazine with an article called "Racing Royces". The article had a lot of good photos of really early cars going at it.

I am looking into the copyright on it (it might be abandoned) but if it seems OK, I will post it or a link to it or something in the next couple days.

There was also a great article on the Rodger Ward Lime Rock race. That one was truly epic.

Best.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3579
Posted on Monday, 17 February, 2020 - 07:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ross,

There are no problems posting a copy of an article with proper attribution of the source.

In Australia, anything published prior to 1955 is no longer subject to copyright under our current laws with a number of very limited situations where copyright is current due to later modifications to the original content.

ross kowalski
Prolific User

Post Number: 1362
Posted on Sunday, 12 April, 2020 - 22:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Update,

I ended up photographing the article as jpegs. David G is currently sewing a silk purse of the sows ears I sent him.

Hopefully we should have a pdf articles to read in the not to distant future.

David Gore

Post Number: 3663
Posted on Monday, 13 April, 2020 - 21:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ross,

Thanks for fixing my access problem.

Will downloaded files tomorrow night when I return home from Sydney and create a composite PDF file to post here.

Have to get our two cars through the Police Corona virus lock down watch on the Pacific Highway however I don't expect any problems as I have all the medical documentation relating to both my partner's knee replacement and my radiation treatment to justify our extended time in Sydney since January plus our cars and drivers licences are registered at our country address.

ross kowalski
Prolific User

Post Number: 1365
Posted on Monday, 13 April, 2020 - 22:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David,

I hope you have an easy time at the checkpoint.

Crazy times.

Best of health to you both.

David Gore

Post Number: 3686
Posted on Saturday, 25 April, 2020 - 18:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ross photographed the magazine pages with the article as he has unable to access his work scanner due to the corona virus lock-down. He emailed the page images to me for combining as a single document however he is not happy with the quality of the images and is waiting for access to his workplace.

In the mean time, I am posting the interim version at his request:

application/pdfpdf
Rolls Racing Interim Copy.pdf (37013.7 k)

Mark Luft
Frequent User
Username: bentleyman1993

Post Number: 305
Posted on Tuesday, 28 April, 2020 - 01:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The article is very good! BUT the ads are GREAT!. I need to order some stuff.

David Gore

Post Number: 3687
Posted on Friday, 01 May, 2020 - 15:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ross has forwarded the high resolution copies to me for consolidation and I am happy to post the finished version below on Ross's behalf:

application/pdfhigh res
Rolls Racing High Resolution Version.pdf (21374.1 k)

ross kowalski
Prolific User

Post Number: 1382
Posted on Saturday, 02 May, 2020 - 04:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David, thanks.

Mark,

I did some extra pages including the for sale pages

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: