How not to remove a ss engine Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » How not to remove a ss engine « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

ross kowalski
Prolific User
Username: cdfpw

Post Number: 1305
Posted on Thursday, 16 January, 2020 - 13:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyILoeFT7uY

I like the part where he is complaining about the flex plate on the TC.

Trevor Hodgekinson
Experienced User
Username: wm20

Post Number: 144
Posted on Thursday, 16 January, 2020 - 17:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

You would think that after making a complete both of the job no one with more than 2 functioning brain cells would post a video showing just how much on a no brain idiot the are.

Graham Phillips
Frequent User
Username: playtime

Post Number: 210
Posted on Thursday, 16 January, 2020 - 20:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

G'day everyone,....

OMG!

I can't believe that poor Rolls has been abused like that!

I just watched the video from when he purchased it.

Ughhhhhhhhhhh!

Graham.

Robert J. Sprauer
Frequent User
Username: wraithman

Post Number: 579
Posted on Thursday, 16 January, 2020 - 22:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Total idiots!! If they had only read the service manuals. Notice also there is no load equalizer, I drop them with the subframe. It's so much easier.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 3000
Posted on Friday, 17 January, 2020 - 02:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The old truism, "When all else fails, read the instructions," gets a QED yet again.

I don't care what the specific marque happens to be, in this day and age of the internet the service documents for virtually anything can be sourced, often at no cost, for all but the newest of cars.

Why anyone would attempt an engine removal or any other "major project" on any automobile without having first consulted the appropriate documentation is just beyond me!

Brian

ross kowalski
Prolific User

Post Number: 1308
Posted on Monday, 20 January, 2020 - 23:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My biggest issue is the guy stating that design is bad when he clearly does not know what he is looking at.

Rolls Royce offers the ultimate in refined motoring. This guy will contrast that image with an execution that is loud and unrefined. The contrast is the "joke"

Roadkill from hotrod magazine made a Jaguar with a blown chevy v8 for the same joke.

This will likely end up slow and loud yielding a review video, a couple minutes of video of tires smoking, a few attempts to capitalize on the joke elsewhere.

By contrast, Harry's trip to the arctic in the SS will live on as an epic RR adventure. His thoughtful review was and is a pleasure to watch. The car is still in his collection and he drives it on a regular basis.

Maybe the engine will end up bringing
another SS back from the brink. Let's hope.

Tony Mitchell
New User
Username: tony_mitchell

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, 21 January, 2020 - 05:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I can't wait to see what he's going to use for brakes.

Graham Phillips
Frequent User

Post Number: 218
Posted on Tuesday, 21 January, 2020 - 14:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

G'day everyone,.....

I've lost count of how many times I've watched that video of Harry taking the Shadow to the Arctic.

That was brilliant wasn't it?

Graham.

ross kowalski
Prolific User

Post Number: 1347
Posted on Friday, 03 April, 2020 - 23:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Graham,

Harrys latest take on the Royce

Graham Phillips
Frequent User

Post Number: 248
Posted on Saturday, 04 April, 2020 - 17:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

G'day everyone,....

Thanks for that Ross, looks like Harry is going to keep the Rolls.

Graham.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: