New shadow in the garage Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » New shadow in the garage « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Miguel A. Garcia
Frequent User
Username: magarcia

Post Number: 90
Posted on Monday, 19 December, 2005 - 22:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello, finally I got my second Shadow in the garage. It is a 1972 Shadow I, chassis numbered as SRH13052. It has been bought in Ireland (EIRE) where arrived 2 years ago from UK where was been used as wedding car. It was restored to its original blue colour by the last irish owner from the white that was spried before by the wedding working one. Is is fully histored with all invoices of manteinment oand original hand book, service book, original invoice and tons of papers that i have not time to have a full look still as i have just arrived home from there!!
I was driving it from Ireland to Spain (previously shiped in a ferry from Rosslare to Cherbourg), but we had to stop in Hendaye because an alternator problem. Anyway, the car was nicely driven till this problem in the night, and it will be on Madrid bringed by my assistenace service on Friday, where alternator will be repaired. I hope not having too much problems with spanish MOT!!
I wondered how a car just 4 years newer than my other Shadow SRH3430 has so many differences in equippment and interior changes. Personaly i like much more the chippendale dashboard of the 1968 one, as that one is a full classic look one, and the newer one has a much more actual and contemporary look.
A new Shadow more to be driven on spanish roads!!

Miguel A. Garcia
Frequent User

Post Number: 92
Posted on Tuesday, 03 January, 2006 - 03:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Here you have SRH3430 and recently "adopted" SRH 13052

Both are the same colour but SRH 13052 has everflex and a roof antenna (i do not like it) original from the 70īs.
Building in the back is the "Palacio Real de Aranjuez" of my town.
regards from Spain.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 540
Posted on Tuesday, 03 January, 2006 - 13:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Miguel,

Great photo but how did you get the cars into this position without hordes of tourists spoiling the photograph?

Two Shadows now - Shadow I and Shadow II - a Shadow enthusiast's wish come true. Congratulations.

Mark Herbstreit
Experienced User
Username: mark_herbstreit

Post Number: 21
Posted on Tuesday, 03 January, 2006 - 16:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Two Shadow I's David! but I agree a nice pair to have. Perhaps a Shadow II next Miguel to complete the set?

Miguel A. Garcia
Frequent User

Post Number: 93
Posted on Tuesday, 03 January, 2006 - 22:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi David,

easy to do: 1st January at 9:00 Am ;-)
everybody was sleeping after new yearīs parties!!
If not, hundred of japaneese tourist would be visting the palace anf looking (and taking pictures) both cars !

Hi Mark, i would like more a Cloud than a Shadow II... but i do not know what would think my wife about it... :-(
regards,

Miguel

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 542
Posted on Wednesday, 04 January, 2006 - 11:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Mark,

My apologies to everyone - for some inexplicable reason I read SRH3430 as SRH34300 and of course I didn't look closely at the picture [being entranced by the background] to pick up the fact that both cars have air intake grilles below the headlights.

or early signs of dementia maybe.