Mod to SZ Starting Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Mod to SZ Starting « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peter Maclaren
New User
Username: ludo

Post Number: 48
Posted on Wednesday, 10 July, 2019 - 11:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Some years ago Richard Treacy posted a mod to limit the period of enrichment when starting an SZ RR. I applied it to the car I had at the time , and would now like to install it on my Bentley Turbo R (CH 55635).
As I gave away all the relevant info when I sold the last car and can't find the mod details on any of the forums,I,m hoping somebody will know where I can find it.

richard george yeaman
Prolific User
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 1097
Posted on Wednesday, 10 July, 2019 - 23:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

hi Peter your current vehicle is a lot different to an SZ RR and there isn't a lot of advise floating around, Perhaps Paul yorke might be able to shed light on it.

Richard.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2882
Posted on Thursday, 11 July, 2019 - 02:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Peter,

Try using Google with the following search terms:

site:au.rrforums.net/forum/messages enrichment

There are not many topics returned, and Richard Treacy was a participant in a number of them, and Paul Yorke posted an excerpt from IETIS that might apply, too.

Even if you don't end up doing the changes you're thinking of, I know what it's like to know you've read them and being unable to find them. The search feature on the forums is inconsistent, but Google and the other major search engines do index the forums site.

Brian

richard george yeaman
Prolific User
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 1098
Posted on Thursday, 11 July, 2019 - 02:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks for that Brian.

Peter Maclaren
New User
Username: ludo

Post Number: 49
Posted on Thursday, 11 July, 2019 - 14:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Brilliant Brian, after looking under enrichment,remembered that it was probably a hard starting enquiry, so changed to that and 'bingo' there it was, with Richard Treacy's timer circuit to limit the enrichment period to about 1 second under all conditions.
Thanks for all comments,incredibly helpful as usual.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3371
Posted on Thursday, 11 July, 2019 - 15:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

To help future enquiries, Richard Treacy's modification is detailed in the following thread:

http://au.rrforums.net/forum/messages/17002/4040.html

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: