Best Living Room Ornament Ever Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Best Living Room Ornament Ever « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1823
Posted on Saturday, 08 June, 2019 - 14:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

What do you do when you finish with your donor scrap car?

Naturally you cut the front and tail off and hang those on the wall.......

But then the wife sees it and then you are toast.....

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1824
Posted on Saturday, 08 June, 2019 - 14:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mike Thompson
Frequent User
Username: vroomrr

Post Number: 607
Posted on Saturday, 08 June, 2019 - 15:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

They usually make a seat out of that kind of front or back for the (bar) entertainment room.

You know that chrome through the rubber bumper helps, I might do that on my Shadow.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 2083
Posted on Sunday, 09 June, 2019 - 11:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar,
You told me once it is always better to ask for forgiveness than permission.
So go for it.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 1080
Posted on Sunday, 09 June, 2019 - 20:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick it is nice to see you are back in the fold.

Richard.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1825
Posted on Monday, 10 June, 2019 - 02:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Haahaha yes Patrick.... I am nearly on an even keel with the wife now and she has allowed one of them to actually go on the wall. The second one "has to go".... so I need to choose... front end or back end?

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3343
Posted on Monday, 10 June, 2019 - 09:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar,

The front for sure - back end not so sure..............

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2084
Posted on Monday, 10 June, 2019 - 09:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar,
With your big love of “back ends” surely this must be the way to go

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2085
Posted on Monday, 10 June, 2019 - 09:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Richard,
That is very much appreciated mate.
I have been so consumed with work, and work travel of late it has dominated all my time.
It is great to be back and catching up with all the posts.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1826
Posted on Tuesday, 11 June, 2019 - 05:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick is right.... back ends are always nice eh fellas?

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 1476
Posted on Tuesday, 11 June, 2019 - 06:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar both the back and front. To choose only one it to give in to the Minister of War and that can only mean further requests for the removal of essential automobile memorabilia from the love nest.

Such a disaster could send her into a feedly frenzy leading to an orgy of shocking and possibly terminal restrictions of your essential hobby.

It just won't do.

Now here is the solution. You mount the front far above the bottom and on the bottom one have the leather seat crafted in her favourite color.

Now when she explodes and spits out her teeth indicating you have ruffled her feathers, feign surprise and say sheepishly " But I thought you meant just one car on the wall and I went to all the trouble of hiring Mastoffass Mastoffass Gahswifty to fabricate that leather seat from the last living pack of Numbats in the entire world.! "

Then drop the penny and tell her the other two sides are repainted and ready to up today.

Just make certain you are out of striking range and that you have hidden all the sharp knives and post us a video of the entire caper.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2088
Posted on Tuesday, 11 June, 2019 - 17:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Everyone loves a good well planned and masterminded “caper” by Vlad!

Now, you just have to follow his instructions to the letter Omar.

Oh, And speaking of back ends and Rolls Royce,

Omar, make sure you have enough padding to accommodate this one.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3347
Posted on Tuesday, 11 June, 2019 - 19:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The queue starts on the left with Omar and Vladimir both jostling for the lead with both suffering severe arrhythmia from resurging memories of times past......

The rest of us have no hope!!

Grand Master

Post Number: 1480
Posted on Tuesday, 11 June, 2019 - 19:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Now Patrick that is a perfect shape. Not talking about the car here. Hair adds to the effect. I'll take two! Hmmm somewhere I heard Brazil is the place. Checking flights now.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1827
Posted on Wednesday, 12 June, 2019 - 02:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

That plan regarding the sides is novel and indeed fruit-bearing.

As for Patrick's chick.....I will fight you over her in a mud pit Vlad.....
Better still... why dont we watch her and her twin sister fight in that mud pit???

Mike Thompson
Frequent User

Post Number: 627
Posted on Wednesday, 12 June, 2019 - 07:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

We all know that having a Rolls Royce is like proudly walking around with your male member standing to attention, hopping some lass would wish to join. This guy cut out the middle man.

https://render.fineartamerica.com/images/images-profile-flow/350/images-medium-large-private-5/1969-dmb-at-afi-gate-steve-paige.jpg

Nothing sexier than her laying in the mud

http://www.carnewschina.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/phantom-crash-china-1.jpg

Grand Master

Post Number: 1486
Posted on Wednesday, 12 June, 2019 - 08:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Actually Mike I beg to differ. I learnt many decades ago that women mostly are interested very little in cars. It is totally beyond them.

Women learn at a frightfully young age their black art of manipulation. I think they are more interested in how guys dress and what they look like before they run a financial analysis on you.

They definitely like cash and lots of it. In fact they truly can never get enough of it because they require successful drug dealer amounts to purchase lots of jewellery, lots and lots of clothes and even more pairs of shoes. But basically its houses or rip roaring mansions and carefree holidays that gets them really interested. The one and only true aphrodisiac for the female homo sapiens is money and damn well lots of it. And you may have noticed they really do have a preference for your money rather than their own or put it another way, they like to make your money their money in the shortest time possible and they certainly are not slouches at it.

Indeedy. I think it was some form of feminazi who created the saying that big flashy cars were a male form of penile extension. They simply do not get our hobby at all. And proof of that is the fact that there are for 99.9 percent of the time zero women contributors on this site dedicated to if not the best cars in the world then definitely very luxurious cars.

Now your first photo in your last post is...well simply horrid but your second post is a bloody ripper.

What an excellent place for a Phantom - yes upside down in a rice paddy.

Just thinking Omar, that could be a jolly bargain right there and it looks good underneath...

Chris Gillings
Prolific User
Username: chrisg

Post Number: 144
Posted on Wednesday, 12 June, 2019 - 15:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

quote:

And proof of that is the fact that there are for 99.9 percent of the time zero women contributors on this site dedicated to if not the best cars in the world then definitely very luxurious cars.

Or it may have something to do with the fact that many of the posts here are appallingly sexist or outright misogynistic. Not exactly encouraging of female participation.

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 2112
Posted on Wednesday, 12 June, 2019 - 15:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Chris - thank you - it must be really dispiriting for women to read all this sexist nonsense and would certainly put them off posting.

For the record, women have posted here, e.g. caroleuk and of course Jeanne Eve, who is a true RR enthusiast. Check out her most interesting thread:

http://au.rrforums.net/forum/messages/695/27567.html?1498751303

If they stop posting, it's our loss, not their's.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2089
Posted on Wednesday, 12 June, 2019 - 19:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Chris,
We are only admiring and paying homage to the fairer sex.
We all appreciate them and love them, and most understand us

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2090
Posted on Wednesday, 12 June, 2019 - 20:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar,
Did you say twin sister?
You mean this one?

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2091
Posted on Wednesday, 12 June, 2019 - 20:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar,
Did you say twin sister?
You mean this one?

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1828
Posted on Thursday, 13 June, 2019 - 03:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

You always seem to find them Patrick...... how do you do that????

Mike Thompson
Frequent User

Post Number: 638
Posted on Thursday, 13 June, 2019 - 05:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I worked at a car auction, and got to drive about ever car there is. It was a very big lot so I would push the pedal to the floor to see how fast they were. By far the Cadillacs were the fastest cars on the lot (regular cars not sports cars as a Corvette).

As for the ladies, most know men are pigs, that would rut a tree knot if they were not around.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2093
Posted on Thursday, 13 June, 2019 - 07:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It’s a talent Omar

Love it Mike.

Mike Thompson
Frequent User

Post Number: 639
Posted on Thursday, 13 June, 2019 - 08:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Geoff Wootton

Thanks for the link that is a great bunch of pictures. Wish I was there.

Of course if I were there with my Rolls and opened the hood, women would faint, men would vomit, then they would tar and feather me as a heretic.

Mike Thompson
Frequent User

Post Number: 640
Posted on Thursday, 13 June, 2019 - 08:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Now that's a great rear end.

great rear end

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 2095
Posted on Thursday, 13 June, 2019 - 16:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Agree Mike,
That is a great rear end.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1829
Posted on Friday, 14 June, 2019 - 05:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

its always about the posterior.....

Randy Roberson
Frequent User
Username: wascator

Post Number: 832
Posted on Saturday, 27 July, 2019 - 04:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Having a hard time getting used to the idea of a scrap Rolls-Royce, but I know they are; I've been to the (admittedly exclusive) salvage yards.
Great stereo speaker, that Bentley front!

Prolific User

Post Number: 1521
Posted on Tuesday, 30 July, 2019 - 21:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mike is that car a Bentley or a Lagonda?

Chris Gillings
Experienced User
Username: chrisg

Post Number: 145
Posted on Tuesday, 30 July, 2019 - 21:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Try googling "FLK-966" for the answer.

Prolific User

Post Number: 1522
Posted on Tuesday, 30 July, 2019 - 22:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Interesting car. A Bentley. The rear view is interesting but I find the front of the car quite ugly. Still beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: