The Queen Mother's Cars. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » The Queen Mother's Cars. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jim.Cowin.
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 210.84.166.34
Posted on Sunday, 11 September, 2005 - 12:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I was just wondering if anyone knows what has become of Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother's cars now that she is no longer with us? While she used a number of Daimlers over the years I do know that she owned a Phantom V or VI.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Mark Herbstreit
New User
Username: mark_herbstreit

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, 12 September, 2005 - 23:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am not sure what has happened to the Queen mothers 1962 Phantom V Park Ward Landaulette (5CG 37). I think I remember reading the Queens 1954 Phantom IV Hooper Landaulette (4BP5) is in a Scottish museum?
Someone please correct me if I am wrong!
One of the Queens Canberra Phantom V's (either 5AS33 or 5AT34)has recently returned to the garage onboard the royal yacht Brittania. I just hope they gave it a good dose of fish oil beforehand!
The following links will give you a bit more info
http://royalyachtbritannia.co.uk/
http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page403.asp

Robert Wort
Grand Master
Username: robert_wort

Post Number: 246
Posted on Tuesday, 13 September, 2005 - 00:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Rule Brittania! Brittania rule the waves.
Britons' never never never shall be slaves.
Ahem! I did sound like Pavarotti, I promise you. Anyways, I wager that good old Betty and Phil are right chuffed that the 'Olde Barge' is in good hands. As far as 4BP5, that comes as a bit of a surprise. Her Majesty usually keeps all of her cars unless it is on permanent loan on condition that it be used when required. Who Knows?

Mark Herbstreit
New User
Username: mark_herbstreit

Post Number: 9
Posted on Tuesday, 13 September, 2005 - 01:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It was interesting to note that the Brittania car is on loan from Bentley Motors. Maybe she traded her car and mums on the new royal Bentley. Have we got a deal for you!

Jim.Cowin.
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 210.84.166.45
Posted on Tuesday, 13 September, 2005 - 15:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Very interested to see & a little bit surprised to see that one of the Phantoms is back onboard "BRITTANIA". Still all the more reason to visit this wonderful ship I guess. I remember seeing her in Port Adelaide in the 1980's & she is not only the most famous ship in the World but also one of the most beautiful.

Jim.Cowin.
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 210.84.166.62
Posted on Wednesday, 21 September, 2005 - 13:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Just as a point of interest.I thought that I would let every one know that The Queen's 1954 Phantom IV Hooper Landaulette (4BP5) is housed in the museum at Sandringham Estate in Norfolk, one of Her Majesty's private Estates. I understand that quite a number of Royal Cars are kept in this musuem.