What's wrong? No posts Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » What's wrong? No posts « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kevin Deasy
Experienced User
Username: kevin1946

Post Number: 28
Posted on Friday, 05 April, 2019 - 09:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I love to read all the BANTER ( Irish for talk, joke,discuss,) but you guys have gone quiet.
I like to read all the comments but don't like to intrude,being enjoying this forum for about 5 years,I have read most of the posts.
Kevin

Larry Kavanagh
Grand Master
Username: shadow_11

Post Number: 377
Posted on Friday, 05 April, 2019 - 10:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I think the different time zones are a factor and maybe you need a young girlfriend to keep you occupied during the lulls in forum discussions.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3197
Posted on Friday, 05 April, 2019 - 14:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Kevin,

Please don't be a "lurker" - we need new discussion-starting contributions to avoid going over old ground.

Given the strong Irish influence on Australian culture over the years, we have little difficulty understanding your sense of humour.

Graham Hutton
Experienced User
Username: gph

Post Number: 33
Posted on Friday, 05 April, 2019 - 17:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Larry, The only GF you want is the one on the front of your car :-)
This site is a bit more technical vs fraternal. I am part of a frequent flyer on line group, loads more banter and topics bandied about there.

Steve Emmott
Prolific User
Username: steve_e

Post Number: 189
Posted on Friday, 05 April, 2019 - 18:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I agree Graham .......and you can even have a mistress to take to bed

Graham Hutton
Experienced User
Username: gph

Post Number: 34
Posted on Friday, 05 April, 2019 - 22:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

We need a “like” button

Steve Emmott
Prolific User

Post Number: 190
Posted on Friday, 05 April, 2019 - 22:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

And a 'dislike button'

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1802
Posted on Saturday, 06 April, 2019 - 05:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am partially responsible for the lull that we are going through.
I seem to have little time for the computer these days now that two of my children are at university. I still have one daughter at home however but not for long.
Soon they will all be gone and perhaps I will have hours of free time at the computer....
I will bore you chaps to death when that happens....

Right now we are trying to avoid world war 3 in our house because the wife does not like my new toy....

I have recently scrapped a 1991 Turbo R and before she went to the scrappy I cut off the first foot off the front of the car and am looking for a wall at home to hang this on. Wifey chick not happy......
hubby man cant work out wtf is wrong with her.
we have different ideas on what is art

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 1334
Posted on Saturday, 06 April, 2019 - 07:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar, my good mate, trying to work out wtf is wrong with her is a quest more complex than trying to work out why Einstein's theory that we can never go faster than the speed of light - its an insanity like Rollsaholicism.

A better move would have been to sell a Bentley on the sly and have the Japper crushed to into ten millimeter cubes then attach to 24 carat earings, and present at romantic dim lit restaurant with sable coat " the Bentley my darling for you "...etc.

Mind you Omar, wearing the JACKET to bed EVERY NIGHT may be giving the game away.

I too note a drop in postings but consider it a coincidence.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1804
Posted on Saturday, 06 April, 2019 - 07:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mate that jacket has pulled chicks from every corner of the planet.....
i have put the bugger away in the wardrobe for fear of being stalked by women from God knows where....
And when I send you the jacket.... just think of all the traffic finding its way to Mount Coolon just to see you wearing it.

You will have women throwing their knickers at you. That jacket has magical powers....

Grand Master

Post Number: 1335
Posted on Saturday, 06 April, 2019 - 07:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Steve is that Spirit of Ecstacy on the polished wood with plaque a RR production item. Looks like a must have item? Indeed a Rollsahollic teddy bear for certain. Please explain.

Kevin Deasy
Experienced User

Post Number: 29
Posted on Saturday, 06 April, 2019 - 07:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

What is wrong with the ladies that they don't understand RR & B,my wife for 49 years loves driving,she has a merc sports that I bought her in Sept 2000 but she hates RR & B cars,doesn't want to go out in them,she is a good driver and loves driving hard,she drives our Mers avangarde like she stole it.She would not drive the Rolls for anything.She knows a lot about cars.She says only old people drive Rolls cars,she may be right because she is only 70 and I am 72 I suppose when she gets OLD she might like it,She says only antiques drive antiques ?????

David Gore

Post Number: 3198
Posted on Saturday, 06 April, 2019 - 09:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Forum activity has a cycle of highs and lows depending on the type of posts and where they come from.

I do not think there is any possibility of forecasting forum activity for this reason.

However, it is my personal observation that humorous and non-technical posts usually generate more activity of various qualities whilst technical matters requiring specific knowledge and experience usually BUT NOT ALWAYS have less activity and have the benefit of providing specific information to meet the needs of the original poster.

Notwithstanding all this, some of the most active and humorous threads have started as serious technical matters that attracted humorous responses along the way.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1805
Posted on Saturday, 06 April, 2019 - 15:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

yes David - Agreed.
Back to the wives......
Kevin mate - I feel for you. My wife hates to drive my cars and only under duress from my son and daughter she once drove the Azure. By any standards the Azure is a nice car. The kids were telling her how much they love driving the car and that she should drive it at least once. She did drive it............. just the once....
Men were made on earth and women...... venus

Steve Emmott
Prolific User

Post Number: 192
Posted on Saturday, 06 April, 2019 - 18:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vladimir, they are home made. The base is from the centre console coin tray on an older Jaguar XJ6....I had access to a few of these working at Jaguar/AM lots of parts got scrapped as the woodmill/veneer shop moved to new processes veneering on aluminium substrate instead of wood.

The lady and badge are just standard RR front grille items.

Now if you can get that jacket back off Omar I might do a trade. Nothing like an opportunity to cuddle up to something warm if the jacket lives up to what Omar experiences. I would put the jacket on a flag pole outside the house.

David G.....The banter on this forum is I know a bit of light hearted fun and some relief when the brain gets into overdrive with technical issues with the cars.

However I will say having just asked a simple technical question last week, if the Spirit carb model required accelerator to be pressed before starting not getting a simple answer surprised me.

I am more familiar with Shadow 1's having owned now for 30+ years and restoring many parts for my friendly breakers. Indeed my RR ownership commenced at the same time a small RR breakers started up locally and we developed a good relationship where I got parts (free) restored them fitted them to my car and then restored my old part and gave it back to the breakers for selling on. This relationship allowed me to restore every stepper motor, fan motor, relay, circuit board, power steering, fuel pumps, carbs etc etc eventually on the whole of my car and give back to the breakers a fully restored part again. It also provided a useful technical opportunity for my apprentices at work to understand older working parts on cars and not just 'Black Boxes' or sealed parts like today that just can't be restored. (BTW that breaker is now one of the largest RR/B used/patterned and OE supplier worldwide)

So had to look at a friends Spirit last week with poor cold start and the fast idle cam was slightly different on the later carbs so I was struggling to see if it had just all been tampered with (which it had) or just works differently on the need to press down the accelerator pedal. I tried to down load the Spirit handbook from this site but the link does not work. Eventually I did find the procedure though in the SZ workshop manual.

Lack of responses here led me to look at another RR forum where I suddenly found out I had actually joined years ago but never posted. This was due to me only having a landline dial up very slow connection in France so just used the site as a 'lurker'.

I was quite amazed just how many members here are members on that site too........indeed even have substantially more posts and activities on the other forum. So perhaps only really use this forum for enjoying the 'banter'.

When I returned back to UK and got a decent internet connection I decided to become a bit more active. I had done a lot of one-to-one when in France with an Australian guy Jerome B who I am sure some will know as he was I think chairman of RROCA and had some superb RR and Bentleys. (now resides in USA)

It was this connection that led me to think that this was the forum I had originally joined.

Whatever..... hopefully the balance is maintained between the banter and technical support and for those that want to use the other forums for giving technical help and just visit here for 'banter' perhaps can at least be a little more proactive here too on giving technical advice.

And before I get a rally of responses saying WE do give advice on both forums.... I can see that some do and I applause those for their time and effort for every RR/B owner whatever forum they are on that needs help and advice.

The Jaguar is gold plated.......the Flying Lady at the back is solid 9 carat gold worth a few quid in weight alone.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1808
Posted on Sunday, 07 April, 2019 - 05:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Wow Steve,
That is quite a collection.

I think we are a good mix of serious and banter. And long may that continue.
I am sorry nobody replied to your question and thanks for telling us the answer too.
I imagine we must have all been going through busy moments at the time of the question and couldn't get round to answering. I can't speak for the other regulars but for me it has been a full time job fighting off loose women who have been plaguing me to father their children - and all because of that damn jacket.
I am trying to offload the bugger as soon as I can so that my life can return to some form of normality.
Oh and some of these women are seriously hot too. imagine - just one jacket is all it takes... a real cat magnet.

Soon it will be in the possession of one very lucky Vladimir.

However before that happens I need to start a new thread after I take a few photos of me posing in it with at least one hot chick to prove how effective this miracle jacket has been.....

Kevin Deasy
Experienced User

Post Number: 30
Posted on Sunday, 07 April, 2019 - 07:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I could possibly help with this problem ;
The issue of this jacket causing a possible number of ??? Children,if you send it to me in Ireland I can wear it every day without causing any problems as I am on medication for prostate issues and I can't be tempted as you are .so send it to me in Ireland .......
OH NO. DONT it could cause me to stop my medication and I would be no better than you ,,,Keep it,find some one else.

Kevin Deasy
Experienced User

Post Number: 31
Posted on Sunday, 07 April, 2019 - 08:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Are you offering money or a car or something other than the chance of ladies,I have one which is enough,I can't afford another, if I take it for free it could cost a lot,make me an offer I can't refuse
PS
I am medium to large
Size 38 L long sleeves to suite5'9" tall

Larry Kavanagh
Grand Master
Username: shadow_11

Post Number: 380
Posted on Sunday, 07 April, 2019 - 09:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

There's only 1 jacket Kevin, Vladimir is next in line and eagerly anticipating its arrival in Mt.Coolon. Should you attempt to block him he could release his nuclear arsenal and we would all be in serious trouble.

Kevin Deasy
Experienced User

Post Number: 32
Posted on Sunday, 07 April, 2019 - 17:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Don't worry about him We have an army of magic Leprechaun s in Ireland and they could arrive while he is asleep His arsenal is no match for our Leprechaun's and their magic mushrooms,they could magic him to wonderland and he would never be heard of again,although we would miss him so let him have it.
P.S
My wife isays that she is starting to worry about me I DONT know why

Steve Emmott
Prolific User

Post Number: 195
Posted on Sunday, 07 April, 2019 - 22:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Omar just a few of my collection.......

But have you slipped up... and I quote

''Oh and some of these women are seriously hot too. imagine - just one jacket is all it takes... a real CAT magnet.''

Any deal with Vladimir for one of my trophies for that jacket would certainly be OFF.....

I have enough CATS in my bed already

}

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1811
Posted on Monday, 08 April, 2019 - 03:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yeah mate. Cats are the bane of every man.
The ones on your bed seem slightly hairier than the ones I am used to. And unlike you I struggle with any more than one cat in my bed. I need some of that Leprechaun magic to cope with more than one. I think the Americans have already invented something similar and have even given it an interesting name.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 1064
Posted on Monday, 08 April, 2019 - 07:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Steve how did you get my pyjamas.

Richard.

Steve Emmott
Prolific User

Post Number: 199
Posted on Monday, 08 April, 2019 - 17:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard, they probably came from the 'cats protection league' charity shop.

My wife buys all my clothes from the charity shop.

Once she can't get the 'beautiful' smell of old classic car petrol/oil out of them then she chucks them in the bin.

She says I am lucky to have her as she would never marry a car mechanic as can't stand the smell of garages and burnt oil/petrol.

It was quite a while after we met she found out my weekend hobbies were classic cars.

BTW I never charge my friends for doing work on their cars or parts restoration, just ask they donate something to the RSPCA or cats protection league, or give me their old pyjamas.

I suppose I am lucky to have SWMBO really.

Trevor Pickering
Prolific User
Username: commander1

Post Number: 105
Posted on Monday, 08 April, 2019 - 23:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

What lovely Pussies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Emmott
Prolific User

Post Number: 201
Posted on Tuesday, 09 April, 2019 - 02:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Trevor, after a mouse stripped my electrical harness on my old e-Type and did over 2000GBP worth of damage and then another family of mice made their nest inside one of my cars exhaust silencers which we found full of newspapers I have sort of been encouraged keeping cats ever after.

I know some are dog lovers and don't like cats but when you live in the country surrounded by woods and fields keeping mice out of the cars is a must.

Grand Master

Post Number: 1337
Posted on Tuesday, 09 April, 2019 - 07:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Really Steve ! Such an extravagant amount of pussy in the bed at one time !

David Gore

Post Number: 3202
Posted on Tuesday, 09 April, 2019 - 09:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vladimir,

Maybe its time to put Puss Nasty out to pasture and start a harem!!!!!!

Mike Thompson
Experienced User
Username: vroomrr

Post Number: 38
Posted on Tuesday, 09 April, 2019 - 12:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Steve Emmott

"The lady and badge are just standard RR front grille items."

Oh boy I feel something rising just thinking about her. Wait, I think it is my height adjusters.

Steve Emmott
Prolific User

Post Number: 202
Posted on Tuesday, 09 April, 2019 - 14:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

''Oh boy I feel something rising just thinking about her. Wait, I think it is my height adjusters.''

Mike,

That is some good news. Reading your other posts I thought you were really struggling getting anything to rise.

Mike Thompson
Experienced User

Post Number: 42
Posted on Tuesday, 09 April, 2019 - 18:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I gave the old girl a little shot of fluid and her rear end came right up!

Mike Thompson
Experienced User

Post Number: 50
Posted on Wednesday, 10 April, 2019 - 06:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ok you might be more scary than the one that said I bastardiszed and victimized my RR. :-) But I do often use the Riemann and Ricci Curvature Tensor of the Einstein's Field Equations for the boltzmann hydrodynamics in a 4 dimensional quantum chromodynamics simulation of the self generating gravitational field of the hydraulic system of a Silver Shadow in a timelike loop into the past.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: