Anyone know this one? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Anyone know this one? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glen Poolen
Frequent User
Username: wgipps

Post Number: 74
Posted on Saturday, 22 September, 2018 - 09:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Does anyone know how to pull apart a Silver Spirit wing mirror? i want to get the black plastic trim off but it looks like i need to remove the mirror. Im told that Range Rover mirrors simply pop in and out in a snap fit. But before I start trying to pry the mirror off i thought id best ask. Thanks.

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 900
Posted on Saturday, 22 September, 2018 - 09:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

photos help

michael vass
Grand Master
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 505
Posted on Saturday, 22 September, 2018 - 17:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The glass does unclip ,you need to make 2 flat hook shape tools to pull, it's shown in the manual.cheers Mike

michael vass
Grand Master

Post Number: 506
Posted on Saturday, 22 September, 2018 - 18:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Glen have emailed you a pdf ok
Mike

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master

Post Number: 901
Posted on Saturday, 22 September, 2018 - 19:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Do you mean wing mirrors (fender mounted rear view mirror in US speak) or the side door mirrors? I have wondered for some time now the trick for disassembly and reassembly to replace damaged glass in wing mirrors, typically Lucas, Desmo, Trico, etc. Can you cite section in SM...possibly "body"? Didn't find with quick scan.

Glen Poolen
Frequent User
Username: wgipps

Post Number: 75
Posted on Saturday, 22 September, 2018 - 20:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Michael V has solved the mystery of sorts. Talking about the standard Silver Spirit door mounted wing mirrors.

michael vass
Grand Master

Post Number: 507
Posted on Saturday, 22 September, 2018 - 20:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi All
info here

application/pdfdoor mirror
door_mirror-7579.pdf (65.2 k)

Mike

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master

Post Number: 902
Posted on Sunday, 23 September, 2018 - 06:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I was hoping that it would be the wing (fender) mounted mirrors and assumed that "wing" referred to wing/fender. Same procedure is not likely though for the aftermarket wing mirrors. Thanks anyway.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: