Seen Locally Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Seen Locally « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Michael Carr
Frequent User
Username: carsie

Post Number: 51
Posted on Friday, 24 August, 2018 - 05:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

So this was at a local Classic car show. The Humber Hawk/Snipe/Imperial never quite hit the mark (marque?) in my book, somewhat like the Armstrong Siddeley, all the ingredients were there but they've never quite made it for me.

I wandered over half expecting to see something different, perhaps 289 V8, if my grey matter is correctly stirred I think Rootes explored this avenue- anyway..here you are..WOW!

Super Snipe 1

Super Snipe 2

There was also a rather tasty Rover Prototype; I'm tempted to make him an offer.

Prototype 1

Prototype 2

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1647
Posted on Friday, 24 August, 2018 - 06:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

mate that Rover is gold dust...................
take it!!!!
it is either unique or at best there are 5 of them in the world...........
why waste the opportunity?
It is even rarer than Vlad's Camargue....
take it....

Michael Carr
Frequent User

Post Number: 53
Posted on Friday, 24 August, 2018 - 06:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Omar, you good? :-)

I was thinking about you twixt glass and ice

Have you seen this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUVtJuXsjtc

p.s I've got the Shadow needing work, my Jag needing finishing, my lad has taken on the Lotus and the business needs velocity speed (all equal cash ££££) lol!

Do you think my lower testicular regions would remain intact if I told SLIMBO that I'd just bought another lol!

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1648
Posted on Friday, 24 August, 2018 - 06:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

To be honest - those dangly collection of objects are no longer useful for us at our age. They can be (and have been in the past) kicked to Timbuktoo and back. Another kick here or there is not going to make that much of a difference. The Fete a comply method is my favourite. I did that with the 4 poster car jack in the house and the minister of war went berserk on me. But it was already in place and the foundations had already set... so what could anyone do after that?
I have driven many a car home and watched the shudder when the "trouble and strife" first sets eyes on them.......

You only live once.... laugh a lot and dream of trips to Venezuela with your mates.....

Michael Carr
Frequent User

Post Number: 54
Posted on Friday, 24 August, 2018 - 07:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

"Fete and Comply"..lol! very funny! :-) I know it well..

Randy Roberson
Grand Master
Username: wascator

Post Number: 811
Posted on Wednesday, 29 August, 2018 - 06:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

You guys are so funny!

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 1091
Posted on Wednesday, 29 August, 2018 - 10:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Michael that Humber looks super cool with the RR donk. The Rover -- well what a neat convertible.

Omar - Minister of War - what an expression. Is she going to poison me or suffocate me with a pillow in the dead of night when I get there for surely given your antics my presence will be viewed with great suspicion.

Perhaps you can just tell her I am interested in antique hookahs and coloured sand if I ever get there as it seems to me I will be a marked man if there is any chat between us about cars over the dinner table!

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 2007
Posted on Wednesday, 29 August, 2018 - 12:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar,
Are you sure you are not an Aussie?

You sure think like one, and very definitely sound like one.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: