Wooden Floor RRSC III and Bentley S3 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Wooden Floor RRSC III and Bentley S3 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mark H
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 203.61.67.131
Posted on Saturday, 09 July, 2005 - 20:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am currently reseaching the RRSC III and some person told me that the Cars were made with a wooden floor. I would appreciate any help to know if this is true

Mark H

(Message approved by david_gore)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bill Coburn
Grand Master
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 462
Posted on Tuesday, 12 July, 2005 - 01:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear me Mark only on cars delivered to the Amazon area in South America. When one became stuck in the river crossings one whipped out the boards and off with the shoes and down went the feet and push you did!! Sorry!!!

I stand to be knocked down but I would be suprised if any post war RR or B chassis had wooden floors. Certainly prewar cars did. The Cloud series not only had steel floors, no part of them was removable unlike the previous model where the whole front floor could be removed which was marvellous for fat old fools like myself who hate to be inverted and subjected to showers of greasy mud and other detritus lodged in the entrails. The Cloud body I believe was so strong one could almost have dispensed with the chassis!!