What happened to this car? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » What happened to this car? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glen Poolen
Experienced User
Username: wgipps

Post Number: 31
Posted on Thursday, 14 June, 2018 - 15:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi
removed the old radio from the centre of SS1 SRH17903 and found the radio marked differently - to a different car number - see attached pics.
Its about 9 cars on the production line earlier than mine.
Is this usual? unusual? or is it meh?
rr

Jeff McCarthy
Grand Master
Username: jefmac2003

Post Number: 517
Posted on Thursday, 14 June, 2018 - 18:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My original one had my car number on it but was actually badly made (the centre cutout was fractionally too large) so I replaced it.

Radios for different markets were also different - with different spindle hole distances and cutout size for the US Motorola and the Australian Blaupunkt for example.

As the number is so close to yours I'd assume a decision change at the factory to use up an uneeded surround. They were under a lot of pressure at the time and holding up a car because of a radio surround would have been out of the question.

Chris Browne
Prolific User
Username: chrisb

Post Number: 296
Posted on Thursday, 14 June, 2018 - 23:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I had a similar thing with seat cushions on my 1979 Shadow 2 SRH37131. Chalked underneath both is SRH37143. My interior is magnolia with blue piping so quite unusual. A quirk of hand built cars.
Kind regards,
Chris

Glen Poolen
Experienced User
Username: wgipps

Post Number: 32
Posted on Friday, 15 June, 2018 - 09:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

"A quirk of hand built cars"
Thats great.
Ill use that one - thanks Chris

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: