Anyone know anything about these prod... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Anyone know anything about these products? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glen Poolen
Experienced User
Username: wgipps

Post Number: 11
Posted on Tuesday, 22 May, 2018 - 21:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi - saw an RR SS1 for sale on gumtree and the owner brags about using these 2 products. Never heard of them. Anyone know anything about them and are they worthwhile for an SS1?
http://www.tribotex.com/
https://www.evanscoolants.com.au

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2578
Posted on Wednesday, 23 May, 2018 - 00:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Evans is a waterless coolant. Since pure water has the best heat transfer properties, and mixed with current coolant technologies (and, yes, I use Peak Global Lifetime in my cars, and have for years without issue and used an extended life coolant [but 2EHA free] before that) I see no advantages to it whatsoever. I've been "converting my entire fleet" including daily drivers to lifetime coolant because I hate changing the stuff and it's just more environmentally friendly to avoid adding unnecessary used coolant to "the stream."

I am skeptical of pretty much all additives. Most of our cars don't die from wearing out, but from lack of use.

Brian

Mark Luft
Prolific User
Username: bentleyman1993

Post Number: 187
Posted on Wednesday, 23 May, 2018 - 07:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Oooooo... Engineered Nanoparticles. It HAS to be good.Gooder than snake oil I'll bet.

Glen Poolen
Experienced User
Username: wgipps

Post Number: 12
Posted on Wednesday, 23 May, 2018 - 07:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Had a look around at Tribotex. Whether it works or not is a matter of argument, but ive read about how it was funded and the like. It did receive grants but was on kickstarter recently, which means the grant money has dried up. That means they either havent been able to sell it to an oil company, a car company or any other machinery or lubricant company. They are selling direct to the public which makes me think they cant back up their technical claims.

Maxwell Heazlewood
Prolific User
Username: tasbent

Post Number: 191
Posted on Wednesday, 23 May, 2018 - 10:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Good morning Gents,
I have had nothing to do with Tribotex.
I have had dealings with and experience of
Evans Waterless Coolants however.
There is a lot of ignorant misinformation bandied
about these days of all and sundry....especially sundry
The Evans product works extremely well.....IF
INSTRUCTIONS ARE FOLLOWED TO THE LETTER!!

To gain the full benefits of such a product,the cooling system needs to be scrupulously clean.
That's why they provide a prepping agent which removes every trace of old coolant and water.
We have used it with success in racing and a varied mix of cars here ranging from my mates
old Range Rover an XJS V12 Jaguar, my wife's '03 Peugeot and others.
I haven't gotten around to converting the Bentley as yet but it's on the list.

The big thing we noticed with both the Rangie and the V12 was a drop in running temps.
in our hot weather (aproaching 40 deg.C)and the thermo fans operate a lot less.
If a vehicle is set up properly, the coolant will last for the life of the vehicle.
Depending on the state of the cooling system, it may take two complete flushes to 'sterilise' the system in preparation for the waterless coolant.

As with anything like this following the instructions correctly is essential!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: