Sell your sedans Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Sell your sedans « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

ross kowalski
Grand Master
Username: cdfpw

Post Number: 774
Posted on Friday, 11 May, 2018 - 07:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The ultimate development of the ultimate car.

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 785
Posted on Friday, 11 May, 2018 - 12:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Attention Prospective Purchasers:

Rolls-Royce's latest attempt to tell you that you have too much money...

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 1867
Posted on Friday, 11 May, 2018 - 17:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Just sell a couple of old collectors cars will do the trick!
Had some rough valuations on some of the old cars. Cripes whats going on they just keep going up.
Hope that things don't crash as has happened in the past.
Is this thing diesel or petrol or LPG.
Pound for pound is it better than another German owned product the M- class?

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 1896
Posted on Friday, 11 May, 2018 - 20:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It’s a Rolls-Royce gents that probably has the best part of 7 years development.
Of course it will be good.

The huge amount of support crew we saw in Italy with these 3 test mules we saw was huge.

It as usual will have been over engineered big time.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1898
Posted on Saturday, 12 May, 2018 - 07:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Some images.

Mark Aldridge
Grand Master
Username: mark_aldridge

Post Number: 532
Posted on Saturday, 12 May, 2018 - 18:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Can't wait to see one working ! 3.5 tonne cattle trailer across a muddy field with 2 filthy collies in the back.
Mark

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1899
Posted on Saturday, 12 May, 2018 - 19:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I’d like to see that as well Mark.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2885
Posted on Saturday, 12 May, 2018 - 20:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Better still......

A quick trip to Vladimir's place at Mount Coolon in Outback Queensland would be the ideal test especially if the Cullinan doesn't have a spare wheel and relies on "run flat" tyres like most luxury SUV's. I suspect replacement tyres will be as rare as hen's teeth in his part of the world.

BTW, I wonder if RRMC did any road testing in Outback Australia as many manufacturers in the past have found their "off road" vehicles not previously tested in Australia cannot perform to expectations when they first venture off the beaten track here.

I shudder to think what the cost of airfreighting tyres for a Cullinan would be in this situation.

Then again, how often would a Cullinan explore this region of Australia??

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1900
Posted on Saturday, 12 May, 2018 - 21:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David,

They may have been tested off road and in all conditions,
However I bet less than .5% sold will ever venture off the bitumen.

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 928
Posted on Wednesday, 06 June, 2018 - 19:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This car like all SUVs is totally horrid in every respect and my road would destroy it which would be a good thing.

Alan Ford
Prolific User
Username: herne13

Post Number: 234
Posted on Thursday, 07 June, 2018 - 06:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am not a fan. They lose something in the translation from Luxury Limo to Mums shopping trolley ;)

Grand Master

Post Number: 930
Posted on Thursday, 07 June, 2018 - 07:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Just have a gawk at the rear end of this monstrosity! Its a bloody first class insult to the badge its wearing. The low profile tyres are good for a race track and an airstrip. Anywhere outside of an Ozzie metropolis and this things wheels and tyres would be trashed senseless even by a small pothole.

Shame on you RR/B !!!!

Anybody crazy enough to pay for one should have at least 200 grand for psychiatric therapy.

I will predict now that these hideous vehicles will plummet in value faster that a Russian cast iron bathtub pushed out of a freight plane at 30,000 feet.

If you parked one at the seaside the tide would go out to get away from it.
Just ghastly from every angle like a pug dog.

Perhaps rich middle eastern golfers might be able to use them at a golf club.

These hideous SUVs should be buried running along with their designers.

Glen Poolen
Experienced User
Username: wgipps

Post Number: 30
Posted on Thursday, 07 June, 2018 - 07:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

will those black alloys fit on my SS1?

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 1890
Posted on Thursday, 07 June, 2018 - 18:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I think the Germans had a lot to do with this!!!!!!!!!!!!
Might get one to pull the plant trailer at the local carnival.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2584
Posted on Thursday, 07 June, 2018 - 23:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vladimir wrote, "This car like all SUVs is totally horrid in every respect. . ."

With the very rare exception, and the Cullinan is not one of those, we are in complete agreement.

I just do not get, in any way, shape, or form, the craze for SUVs. I'd far rather have a station wagon/estate wagon and, in fact, I do.

As a general aside, Rolls-Royce really, really needs to get some new design blood. They just keep churning out variants on the Goodwood Phantom (which, in my opinion, is a vulgar and ungainly looking beast) some of which are somewhat better, e.g., the Ghost & Wraith, and some of which are just as bad, e.g., the Cullinan. This look has run its course and is overdue for change.

Brian

Randy Roberson
Grand Master
Username: wascator

Post Number: 807
Posted on Friday, 08 June, 2018 - 01:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Best I can tell about the SUV craze: people like to sit up high and have plenty of room, and they mostly do not like the available cars.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2914
Posted on Friday, 08 June, 2018 - 08:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

SUV's are essential for people like myself with advancing age that find getting in and out of low-slung cars extremely difficult especially if you have long legs!

My partner and I really have no practical choice other than a SUV or a vehicle with the traditional "suicide" doors which allow you to swing your legs outside without the obstruction of forward hinged doors.

Grand Master

Post Number: 934
Posted on Saturday, 09 June, 2018 - 19:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David you have just convinced me that I must be in tip top shape at almost 62 because I have no trouble getting in or out of any car. Must be all the contortionist moves I make as a mechanic.

Mind you its never a pleasant experience to crawl under the dashboard of any car !!!!!!

Just glad I don't have to have a SUV because I think each and everyone is butt ugly.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1929
Posted on Thursday, 14 June, 2018 - 12:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gents,
You may remember my post from October last year.
"project Cullinan spied in Italy"

http://au.rrforums.net/forum/messages/30/28685.html?1509749541

During that post I brought to your attention the "other" test mule in the background still being fuelled up.

As mentioned I spotted the same size SUV but with the 2 grills that are from a possible BMW equivalent.

Well, this looks like what it was. The new BMW X7

Grand Master

Post Number: 945
Posted on Friday, 15 June, 2018 - 01:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick they are all like an acid trip gone terribly wrong.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1931
Posted on Friday, 15 June, 2018 - 17:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

You’re not wrong Vlad.
The front and back of the BMW is terrible.

Who the hell would sign off on something like this?

Robert Howlett
Prolific User
Username: bobhowlett

Post Number: 183
Posted on Saturday, 16 June, 2018 - 18:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Patrick for those pictures ,I must admit I haven't this before.What an abomination of a Royce looks like a Mazda CX7 with a different grill. Many years ago I had a wealthy customer in Australia who recently died in a local camp-draft,who had enough money to buy a fleet of these things but he, and his whole family always turned up in series 2/3 Land Rovers and 1975 to 1986 LandCrusiers. Why, I exclaimed. He said the new stuff was so unreliable an if it broke down 400 kilometres away from home the new type of 4X4 was just too unreliable.The electrics in these cars is just so unpredictable and needed University trained people to get them going again was just impracticable.Any farm hand with basic knowledge could always get a old 4X4 running to get them home using fencing wire and push start.

cheers

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1935
Posted on Saturday, 16 June, 2018 - 21:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Good points there Robert.

It’s a common thing in this day and age, old mechanics like us have no hope with ultra modern cars/4WD.
Unless they have literally tens of thousands of dollars of diagnostic equipment and test gear.

Grand Master

Post Number: 957
Posted on Monday, 18 June, 2018 - 12:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes well computers and engine lights. They drive their owners nuts and they drive mechanics nuts as well. The only winner are the dealers who have all the diagnostic scan tools and they charge like wounded bulls internationally to get the engine light off.

My advice to anyone buying a new car, four wheel drive, truck or bus is buy yourself a tilt tray tow truck first because you will be needing it!

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1938
Posted on Monday, 18 June, 2018 - 19:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yep,
To high tech, when will it all stop?

Already our trucks in Sweden are interfacing with the driver.
The truck reads bio data of the driver and reacts accordingly, and can actually send data to the fleet manager looking after the truck.

Already trucks are talking to each other as they would when autonomous operation happens, but they still have drivers operating them.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: