Sealed beam lamps from Lucas Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Sealed beam lamps from Lucas « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alain Hanlet
Yet to post message
Username: mjah1406

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, 05 June, 2005 - 20:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello of Belgium to all,

I am new thank you to have accepted me here !!
Excuse me has the advance for my English if it there of the faults because I speak French
I have Silver Shadow I 1970 which I went to seek in England last January and I began the complete restoration of the interior for that I remake the woodworks, leathers and I also ordered in England all a new set of carpet
fortunately my car has a good mechanics and the body is + - OK but a painting would be needed!!
Thanks to you I already could arrange a problem
of carburettor because I found in the files the solution with my problem(float) which I arranged in 10 minutes.
I have a somebody question now can it give me an address to find headlights before seals because I seek and I do not find!!!
I have to find but on occasion and the salesman asks minimum for 50£ and I find that it is very expensive!!

Thank you in advance with all

ALAIN headlights

Stephe Boddice
Experienced User
Username: stephe_boddice

Post Number: 16
Posted on Monday, 06 June, 2005 - 08:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Alain,

Try: -
www.holden.co.uk

SB

William H. Trovinger II
Prolific User
Username: bill_trovinger

Post Number: 213
Posted on Tuesday, 07 June, 2005 - 02:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Alain;

If you wish to change them away from sealed beams look at: http://classicgarage.com/

Best of luck,
Bill

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 794
Posted on Tuesday, 07 June, 2005 - 02:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Why not keep it simple and buy standard Cibié 130mm (semi-sealed beam) headlamps and Vestec bulbs ? They are the best, and are available at any decent autoelectrician. Many, many cars use them, BMWs included.

Forget sealed beams. They were obsolete 30 years ago, except in the USA where they soldiered on due to antiquated federal regulations.

RT.

William H. Trovinger II
Prolific User
Username: bill_trovinger

Post Number: 217
Posted on Tuesday, 07 June, 2005 - 12:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard;

Just to update your fact book us backward Yanks did finally abolish the sealed beam law. I do not remember the year but it was some time in the 90’s. It has taken a few years since but I would be hard pressed to think of a 05-model car that still uses them. We still have not woken up to the fact that 50/55 watts is the best level for headlamps. Granted you can buy 70 and 100 watt lamps here but they cleverly have little stickers on the box that say “Not DOT Approved – For Off Road Use ONLY”. Of course as there are no MOT’s (only emissions tests in some parts of some states) here so, there is no way for the motor vehicle departments to check ones headlamps. Many decades ago (too many) when I was a child I remember the police doing random spot checks on the side of the road. They would pick out say every 5th or 6th car and do a full inspection including a shadow box thing to check headlamp alignment.

Best regards,
Bill T.

Alain Hanlet
New User
Username: mjah1406

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, 03 July, 2005 - 19:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

hello with all !!
Large a thank you for the invaluable information thanks to those I could find the solution with my problem.
But as it to me it was suggested in the future I will change the system of headlights.

With very soon

Alain.