A short Rolls Royce Film Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » A short Rolls Royce Film « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mark Aldridge
Grand Master
Username: mark_aldridge

Post Number: 495
Posted on Sunday, 14 January, 2018 - 01:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-3LlxRaay0&feature=youtu.be
A short film produced by University Students as part of their degree course, starring yours truly for about 2 seconds !
Mark

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 1827
Posted on Sunday, 14 January, 2018 - 08:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

That was quite an entertaining video Mark.
Thank you for posting it.

Just goes to show how many hands one of these beautifully made cars can go through, and the world events it has seen.

When these (and all other cars made then) were produced, I don’t think anyone looked at cars the way we do today as being disposable items.

So luckily we have some very well preserved cars of all makes that we, and future owners can enjoy.

It will be interesting, as mentioned in the video, to see what a modern Goodwood Phantom may be like in 50 plus years.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2815
Posted on Sunday, 14 January, 2018 - 17:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Same here - especially connecting history with the vehicle and its owners.

The students responsible for producing the video show there are still people in the world who value quality and perfection in their work and, by extension, their life.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 1728
Posted on Sunday, 14 January, 2018 - 20:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mark, very professionally carried out and a joy to watch.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 910
Posted on Sunday, 14 January, 2018 - 20:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I enjoyed watching this film, very interesting, I also had the pleasure of meeting two people who featured in the film, Mr Phillip Hall the Rolls Royce historian, and Mr Mark Aldridge, I met both of them at the Hunt house in September last year.

Richard

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: