New member to forum, USA Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » New member to forum, USA « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jack Higginbotham
Yet to post message
Username: jhinmd

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, 29 November, 2017 - 10:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello,

I joined this forum some years ago, but have been quiet for a VERY long time...however, I have greatly enjoyed reading here from time to time. I am the caretaker of LSTB304, 1961 Silver Cloud II and WXA99, 1938 Wraith Park Ward Limousine.

I am a lifelong automotive enthusiast which has manifested itself in several forms. I love tinkering and restoring, my family and I race sports cars (mostly old porsche 944's, but the occasional BMW and Miata also make appearances), and I enjoy sharing my enthusiasm for all things automotive whenever I get a chance. Our tow vehicle is a 1983 Wanderlodge Bus, so that probably gives you an idea of how we're wired.

The Silver Cloud was found about five years ago, and I have done little but keep her in tune, clean her and replace the rare item that fails. She looks wonderful, but the biggest issue to tackle with her is wiring. Over time, the original wiring has weathered and been re-routed to the point that it's probably time to "start from scratch" and make or find a replacement harness.

WXA99 is a 1938 Wraith, bodied in 1939 by Park Ward. She is new to the family, having been just purchased from a Canadian enthusiast. She is a lovely automobile, and I have a lot to learn about her. She is in remarkable condition, black with red passenger compartment/black driver compartment, with division glass. She starts up quickly and runs like a dream. My biggest concern is the ride quality which is very harsh. Shortly, I will probably start asking some questions in the appropriate category here. The previous owner has been very kind answering my questions, but at some point, I should venture out on my own!

Thank you for being part of the excellent forum...the information here is outstanding.

Best regards,
Jack

Larry Kavanagh
Prolific User
Username: shadow_11

Post Number: 117
Posted on Thursday, 30 November, 2017 - 01:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Welcome back Jack. You have some "real" gentlemen's carriages. I'm the custodian of a lovely Silver Shadow 11 but also have a Porsche 944 S2 which is currently parked in my garage awaiting a replacement clutch slave & master cylinder and the pipework in between, I'll get around to it one of these days, too many cars & too little time.

Mark Luft
Prolific User
Username: bentleyman1993

Post Number: 142
Posted on Thursday, 30 November, 2017 - 03:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Welcome Jack. My first Bentley was a1961 S2, loved that car. It sounds like you have a couple of wonderful cars. I hope you drive them and enjoy them.

Mark

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1368
Posted on Thursday, 30 November, 2017 - 04:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Welcome Jack.
I used to have an S3 many years ago and it too had a poor wiring loom.
You will enjoy the camaraderie in this forum.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 1749
Posted on Thursday, 30 November, 2017 - 06:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Jack,
Welcome to the forum.

Jack Higginbotham
New User

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, 30 November, 2017 - 09:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you all for the warm welcome..I am happy to be joining you! Larry, good to hear a fellow "944" guy is here, although your S2 outclasses mine! Best of luck with the clutch...I've had to do that job a few times. Last time I talked my daughter into disconnecting the slave...it pays to have small hands with that job! Thanks again, Jack

Jack Higginbotham
New User

Post Number: 4
Posted on Saturday, 02 December, 2017 - 22:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello again, I posted a question in “Small Horsepower” last night...I suppose there is more traffic on this page, copying herre. I have a nice part of today carved aside to explore the Wraith, so undoubtedly, there are more questions to come. I did find already that the filler tubes for the front dampers are dry, which can’t be helping the ride quality!
Thank you, Jack
“I have recently acquired wxa99, 1938 Wraith. This weekend I will be familiarizing myself with the car. On my short test drive, I have found the suspension to be very hard, so will be looking into that.
There is a square reservoir next to centralized lubrication reservoir. Can you tell me what this is? “
Thank you,

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2753
Posted on Sunday, 03 December, 2017 - 06:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Jack,

To view all new posts after your previous log-in, I suggest you do the following [this is based on a previous log-in where you have not logged out after your visit so your user name automatically comes up when required as below]:

1. Bookmark the following forum page and use it each time you wish to access the forum:

http://au.rrforums.net/cgi-bin/forum/discus.pl

2. Click on the "SEARCH" button under UTILITIES on the LHS menu.

3. Click the "Registered Users" box under the SEARCH BY DATE header then click on the USER NAME and your user name and [if saved by your browser] this and your password will automatically appear otherwise you will have to enter these manually. Click on the "PERFORM SEARCH" button at the bottom of the page.

4. The resulting "SEARCH RESULTS" page will show all topics and related posts that have been active since your previous log in. If the individual topic has been very active, click on the TITLE and the individual active threads for that title will appear. After you have read the thread, the colour of the user names contributing will change to the purple/magenta colour of the link above.

Hope this will make things easier for you. Keep using the SMALL HORSEPOWER topic as this is relevant to your vehicle - it is not unusual for some time to elapse before replies are posted as has happened in this case with a reply this morning from Christopher Carnley who is very conversant with the pre-WW2 models.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: