FS Page for RH3407, fan switch - Error? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » FS Page for RH3407, fan switch - Error? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2521
Posted on Sunday, 26 November, 2017 - 07:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The page is:

www.flyingspares.com/shop/cooling-fan-44-degree-switch-ue39593.html

This strikes me as not the switch for the auxiliary cooling fans in front of the radiator, which I have never seen activate and which would never activate at 44° C since the thermostat isn't even open yet at that temperature.

This strikes me as the switch that would cause the climate control fans to kick on if the system were in heat mode once the coolant temperature is just high enough to produce heat.

Am I missing something here or is something actually off?

Brian, who was sent this page by someone else who is utterly confused, and I can see why

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2736
Posted on Sunday, 26 November, 2017 - 07:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Brian,

I think you are correct - the only useful application would be for the climate control fans to prevent circulation of cold air immediately after start-up until the coolant is warm enough to start effectively heating the interior.

michael vass
Grand Master
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 408
Posted on Sunday, 26 November, 2017 - 07:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi guys see this http://au.rrforums.net/forum/messages/17001/13582.html?1363788164
But also listed as AGR switch.
Mike

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2522
Posted on Sunday, 26 November, 2017 - 08:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Michael,

I had forgotten about that thread, but it only confirms my suspicion that the FS page is in error.

I'll have to report this to them.

Brian

Graham Griffiths
Experienced User
Username: cineprojectorman

Post Number: 11
Posted on Thursday, 10 January, 2019 - 04:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I thought members may be interested in the latest addition to my website - Faulty otter switch ACU UE39593 an alternative fix
http://35de8ignitionrepair.eu5.net/rolls-royce-silver-spirit-repairs-and-fixes.html#ACU

Graham

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: