Overlooked by some and a few more. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Overlooked by some and a few more. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 392
Posted on Tuesday, 29 March, 2005 - 05:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Lately i have spotted bumper overiders and the bumper sections [SS1] with RUST underneath,closer inspection confirms that folk are not oiling the inside of the bumper blades.
As for the overiders there is a little black plastic plug that is removed for oiling,many are missing altogether but not that important unless entered in concours.
I wonder how many are judges check them!
The best way is to spray with old sump oil but WD 40 will help.

Miguel A. Garcia
Experienced User
Username: magarcia

Post Number: 29
Posted on Tuesday, 29 March, 2005 - 22:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Pat, please, could you upload a bit wider pic for seing the location of this close up one? Sorry for this, but sometimes my english makes me me to be lost.
About the oiling works, i finally bought a grease gun, but i am not sure of wich nipples to use for greasing. Anyone has a pic of the exact place to use it? I see some bronze (or some yellow metal)nuts , have them need to be removed for reaching the niples?

Bill Coburn
Grand Master
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 373
Posted on Tuesday, 29 March, 2005 - 23:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Miguel/yo recurrirá al español. Los enchufes en los jinetes excesivos son en la tapa en el más cercano lateral el cuerpo del coche. Son triangulares en forma y un pedacito más grande que su clavo del pulgar. Su cuidado debe tener entrerroscas planas de la grasa. Éstos se hacen de de cobre amarillo y de hexagonal en forma y tienen un agujero pequeño en el centro de ellos con una bola por resorte que empuja de dentro para guardar la suciedad hacia fuera. Pueden ser atornillados hacia fuera para limpiarlos. Necesitan un adaptador especial conseguir la grasa en la cual debe estar disponible de tiendas auto de las piezas. Si usted necesita los cuadros me dejan saber.

Miguel/ I will resort to Spanish. The plugs in the over riders are at the top on the side nearest the body of the car. They are triangular in shape and a bit larger than your thumb nail. Your care should have flat grease nipples. These are made of brass and hexagonal in shape and have a small hole in the centre of them with a spring loaded ball pushing from within to keep the dirt out. They can be screwed out to clean them. They do need a special adapter to get the grease in which should be available from auto parts shops. If you need pictures let me know.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 397
Posted on Wednesday, 30 March, 2005 - 01:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Miguel here is a picture of the grease gun fitting also the brass nipple that is on all greaseing points.

Stephe Boddice
Experienced User
Username: stephe_boddice

Post Number: 11
Posted on Wednesday, 30 March, 2005 - 08:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Adapters and nipples can be acquired from www.vintagesupplies.com
(No interest other than a customer)

Bill Coburn
Grand Master
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 374
Posted on Wednesday, 30 March, 2005 - 11:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks you two. I come across Shadows quite often which have had standard grease nipples fitted. The first time I asked for the ones supplied by RR and was astounded at the mark up something like 8 times. Needless to say out local tractyor shop was quickly comminssioned to get a stock in for me.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 398
Posted on Wednesday, 30 March, 2005 - 15:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes Bill, David Brown tractors.
Aston Martin cars springs to mind.

Miguel A. Garcia
Experienced User

Post Number: 31
Posted on Thursday, 31 March, 2005 - 06:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Great!!! THANK YOU Patrick!!
I will do all grease job this coming week-end.
These bronze nut is what i saw... Thanks again!!

Miguel A. Garcia
Experienced User

Post Number: 32
Posted on Thursday, 31 March, 2005 - 06:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Anyone of these adapters for flat top greasers would be the right one?
The one shown in your pics looks to be the articuled one (pic 3..)but would be anyone of them right? I do not have any adapter, my grease gun just has a hard a a soft tubes...so I had to order the adapters. As emergency work, would be right just unscrew the niples and refill to normal pressure qith grease and screw them again, , or it will be like nothing?
Thanks again.