Airconditioning repairer-Western Sydn... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Airconditioning repairer-Western Sydney region « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gordon Norris
Prolific User
Username: crewes_missile

Post Number: 117
Posted on Monday, 28 March, 2005 - 22:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Haven't had to worry about the A/C on my 1990 Turbo R 31130 until now. It has sprung a leak in a hose and while I'm at it I'll get it converted to 134a.

Who can be recommended that is familiar and sympathetic with RR/B's in the Air-conditioning field, preferably in the Western Sydney area/Windsor/Richmond, (but I'm will to go anywhere in Sydney for a job well done.)

Any advice appreciated,
Thanks.

GN.

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 679
Posted on Tuesday, 29 March, 2005 - 03:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Gordon,

For aircon I once went, not too many years ago, to R. W. Brown Automotive in Parramatta with the T and was most impressed. They do all Bosch stuff as well (ask about a TPS !). They are still in Lansdowne Street Parramatta I'm pretty sure, near the big Ford dealer. I'll check Telstra. The problem was similar: sudden loss of gas in stinking heat, and they made up a new hose.

There must be good outfits close to you too. The aircon is nothing special apart from the control system. Take your specs with you on oil & gas quantities, but when I had the car regassed he just looked it up.

RT.

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 680
Posted on Tuesday, 29 March, 2005 - 03:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Telstra shows:

Brown R W Automotives

30 Lansdowne St Parramatta 2150 (02) 9635 8522

Dangerous giving recommendations I know.

RT.

Gordon Norris
Prolific User

Post Number: 118
Posted on Tuesday, 29 March, 2005 - 07:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Richard. I know the air-con is no real mystery, it's just that when someone else touches it, it's always nice to have someone who has at least seen one of these cars before, and has some mechanical sympathy.

GN.

Bill Coburn
Grand Master
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 372
Posted on Tuesday, 29 March, 2005 - 10:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

More dangerous recommendations. You could use the Sydney agents man Keith Little who trades as KSL Aircon. His number is 0418 676 061. Another very popular service person was Bill Penfold who has now retired and his customers go to Michael Kaza trading as High Quality Auto Electrics Unit 3 75 Boundary Road PEAKHURST Phone 02 95842220

Gordon Norris
Prolific User

Post Number: 120
Posted on Tuesday, 29 March, 2005 - 10:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Many thanks Bill. I know making recommendations is difficult, especially in this litigious day and age, but rest assured I am grateful for any assistance in trying to avoid a heavy handed clod with no knowledge of, and/or some semblance of respect for these cars.

Kind regards,
Gordon.

Mark Peacock
Prolific User
Username: takemehomejames

Post Number: 58
Posted on Wednesday, 06 April, 2005 - 21:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gordon , im in Dural (near you) and use D&L Jacket Auto electrics in Kenthurst (9654 1639) Ive been using Darryl for 15 years, and have had hoses made from him in the past for My RR's.
I personally recommend him ,as he has a fair bit of experience in the Marque, and gets the job done ! with-out having to take out another mortgage

Mark..

Gordon Norris
Prolific User

Post Number: 135
Posted on Wednesday, 06 April, 2005 - 21:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Mark, all suggestions welcome.

GN.