Import Permit for Australia Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Import Permit for Australia « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kelvin Ko (203.124.2.34)
Posted on Wednesday, 04 September, 2002 - 15:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Has anyone imported a RR or Bentley into Australia and had it modified for compliance? I have a letter from Crewe outline the modifications needed to be done to the car in any of the Australian Authorised Dealers. But I cannot apply for the import permit from the Department of Transport because I do not have a Letter of Compliance, also I have not own the car for more than 12 months( that's why I need the Letter), and without modifications Crewe will not issue the Letter. So can anyone tell me what is the right way out of this circle?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

JohnWrigley
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 144.137.162.27
Posted on Tuesday, 20 April, 2004 - 14:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

HI
I have been trying to import a Bentley for over 12 months now from the UK, and tried everything I can. I wanted the later Active Ride Model, but found no way around the regulations. Owning the car for 12 months does not work as you need to prove that you were also in the country where the car is for the whole 12 months. The only way, is for the car to be more than 15 years old, when it can be brought in without restriction (but you do need a permit). The compliance is not such a big deal as most 1988 cars/1989 cars need little work. The new airconditioning gas regulations introduced on 1st April are a bit of a pain, but can be done in the country of origin. I have a black 1988 Turbo R on the way.