Nissan Leaf Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Nissan Leaf « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 1391
Posted on Friday, 21 April, 2017 - 08:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My local Nissan dealer,

Used leaf EV car £10,000
free petrol car for longer trips 14 days per year
3 year guarantee on car and battery
Breakdown and recovery 3 years
Insurance good deal.
FRee home charger installed.
If car is brought on credit its £9000, dealer pays £1000 deposit. £260 a month total repayable £10,360

I should think the mechanical stuff and electronic stuff suffers high miles well but the battery, high miles means high cycles.

Say the range is 100miles then for every 1000 miles the battery is going to be cycled 10 times or 500,000 cycles for for 50,000 miles.
DOES a second hand battery have that much gob left in it?

10 years at 5000 miles a year

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 1275
Posted on Friday, 21 April, 2017 - 18:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

"high miles means high cycles."

Bob forget the old lead battery Tec the Li-ion is a different ball game.
Effect by temp and age can be a factor but cycles no.
Taxis have proved that miles [100000] still have all bars showing on the battery meter a full charge.
In the winter with all the heating etc the range at its lowest with a spirited way of driving with short journeys my meter reads 75 miles.
The average it seems is 85/90 miles.
My best was 102 miles but driving on a journey and returning along the road with a long snake of cars behind not popular.
Note no loss of meter segments after 43 months.
5 years for one bar and then a yearly loss of one bar segment.

IMO the car is for short trips which is a bad thing for petrol or diesel cars.

Of interest the C6 PSA engine big end shells have no tabs to locate them I have been told!
clamping pressure and that's it.

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master

Post Number: 1393
Posted on Friday, 21 April, 2017 - 22:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am not going buy an EV car because although I would be an ideal user the money bit doesnt add for me.

Because although I slag off Jeeps something rotten I have to say in 12 years of owner ship its been quite reliable, last year I did 136 miles only and this year so far 35 miles due to illness. So I want an EV but dont actually need one.
The main problem of short trips is I guess the engine only, the rest should be fine with regular servicing. Especially diesels.

The used Leaf deal is an OK deal for some.

I want (not need) a C6 what a car wow. Cheap used as well.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 1279
Posted on Friday, 21 April, 2017 - 23:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bob don't buy the 2.7 they say it is a bit problematic.
The Road tax is high £500.00 a year.
If you can find one but not cheap is the 3.0 HDI.
Only 28 RHD cars in the UK.
If you don't need Amvar and other bits the 2.2 HDI is the one, low on road tax.
May sell my 2.2 HDI as I laid it up with 40000 miles on it as I had the chance of the 3.0 HDI

ross kowalski
Grand Master
Username: cdfpw

Post Number: 399
Posted on Friday, 21 April, 2017 - 23:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mr. Reddington,

You don't mean a C6?

That is a whole lot of car.

Also, sorry you haven't been out and about due to health. Not so much the jeep,...The jeep just punishes you spine for driving it on flat roads, but I hope the near future holds some RR drives for you.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 1468
Posted on Friday, 21 April, 2017 - 23:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Here hear Ross

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master

Post Number: 1395
Posted on Saturday, 22 April, 2017 - 02:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

C6 is indeed a whole lot of car going on.
I dont pay road tax due to disability. However that could end if the gov change the regs. So I am mindful of the tax.

Once a fortnight I get the big shop delivered FOC with a couple of FOC smaller tops up between. We rarely shop now.

My driving is about 2 miles before I am "ill"

Still as I said I am a lucky bugger because only had a 10% chance of living even luckier is that I still all my limbs and only lost my teeth. The jeep is so bad it will rattle your teeth out anyway
This has changed my point of view and think much more about my family and home.

However If I put the wheels back on the Shadow and MOT I am away. But my house roof needs attention first, quoted £500 which is not to bad. Plus I have just had a £500 tax rebate, I said I was a lucky bugger.

The other day I gave the Shadow a flick on the starter and it started and ran smooth instantly. Brakes steering etc are all good. body wise I need a can of celly and 40 hours of elbow grease and the rest of the body work materials is on shelf in my man cave awaiting skillful application.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 1281
Posted on Saturday, 22 April, 2017 - 05:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bob sorry to here that you can only drive 2 miles.
Hopefully you will get better with the hopefully
warmer weather keeping up.
Now I know where the tax that I pay goes oh well its only money!
Yes you have your priorities right with family and home.
Good to hear that the Shadow starts up Ok.
Mine is now a good starter now but has always had a one slight hydraulic pump tap but soon goes as the spheres oil pressure builds up.

Must get back to the upholstery dyeing.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: