Rolls-Royce & Bentley Parts, Repair, ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Rolls-Royce & Bentley Parts, Repair, and Restoration Inf « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

michael vass
Grand Master
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 303
Posted on Tuesday, 18 April, 2017 - 23:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Brian
Can't find this info about substitue parts anywhere. is there a link? I found one but comes up something about versione or such.
Cheers
Mike

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2275
Posted on Wednesday, 19 April, 2017 - 02:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

RR & Bentley Parts, Repair, Restoration & Other Resources Compilation

The Verizon link is where I originally kept this but it's been dead for years now. The Google Drive link above will probably remain until Google Drive is no more (which means a long, long time).

Brian

michael vass
Grand Master
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 304
Posted on Wednesday, 19 April, 2017 - 03:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Many thanks Brian
Mike

franck yahi
New User
Username: franktr

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, 30 November, 2019 - 17:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello
I am New to the forum. I should thank you for making available files RELATED to substitut parts. In fact either some parts are not made anymore, or their price are"royal".

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2984
Posted on Sunday, 01 December, 2019 - 07:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

You're quite welcome. Very shortly after I entered the world of RR I discovered both that many parts were ridiculously overpriced and were, in actuality, manufactured by large companies such as Bosch and others, but that no reference material regarding this was readily available. I made certain to create a reference I wished I'd had in my early days, and still keep working on it as additional information becomes available.

One of the main reasons that many cars from Crewe suffer from lack of usual maintenance is because common parts, e.g., oil filters, relays, etc., are exorbitantly expensive and are not readily available "on demand" when you need them.

A great many of the RR parts are from "the big makers" that have had RR's own part numbers assigned to them, and many others cross over to far more commonly available parts that are functional equivalents.

The more information that exists about those parts that are not truly bespoke to the marque the better. That's what helps us to keep them on the road with far greater ease and far less expense.

Brian

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 2211
Posted on Sunday, 01 December, 2019 - 22:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This may help from many years ago!

http://mutley.hypermart.net/RollsSubstituteParts.html

mailto:tbird@consultant.com

Mike Thompson
Prolific User
Username: vroomrr

Post Number: 1098
Posted on Monday, 02 December, 2019 - 01:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Brian what is the URL for the reference to cross over parts (just that file)? On this site or related, there should be such a parts list, and build on it as one finds more cross overs. Of course everyone knows my adventure into finding caliper rebuild kits, which worked just fine except for the square seal.

Maybe even a master file thread, if the administrators do not want to add a category. And break the posts down into parts and what crossovers there are, as Brakes, Calipers, Oil filters, Relays etc.

ross kowalski
Prolific User
Username: cdfpw

Post Number: 1286
Posted on Monday, 02 December, 2019 - 01:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mike,

Brian posted the PDF above.

The PDF is kind of a one stop item with cross references, supplier lists, maintance procedures, etc.

I would like a simple crossreference specific spreadsheet.

I started one here

Mike Thompson
Prolific User

Post Number: 1103
Posted on Monday, 02 December, 2019 - 02:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well you will also now find in
Silver Shadow Series
A new thread devoted exclusively to finding crossover parts. Named:
*** CROSSOVER PARTS ***

You could add your Rotor part number there as well. With hopefully a picture to find it more easily.

franck yahi
New User
Username: franktr

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, 02 December, 2019 - 09:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Brian,

You are right, yet, I thought that RR ans Bentley Ownership is changing. I believe that with passionate people like you, The marque Will be alive for long.

Cheers
Frank

Mike Thompson
Prolific User

Post Number: 1118
Posted on Monday, 09 December, 2019 - 11:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I was looking for a chassis (was looking for say an LS truck) for a 1957 Chevy to drop the top onto and came across this site. Even has for a Silver Shadow (etc.).

https://www.roadkillcustoms.com/wheelbase-cross-reference/?selid=34716&selyear=1975&selmake=rolls-royce&selmodel=Silver%20Shadow

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: