Bentley T1 Turbo Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Bentley T1 Turbo « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ben Curtis
Experienced User
Username: burgundyben

Post Number: 39
Posted on Thursday, 30 March, 2017 - 17:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I like this idea, but I wouldn't touch a car from this vendor.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bentley-T-1-BEING-converted-to-Bentley-Turbo-R-red-lableUNIQUE-The-only-one-/152485231932?hash=item2380d3fd3c:g:ALwAAOSw0UdXttpH

David Towers
Prolific User
Username: xtriple

Post Number: 125
Posted on Thursday, 30 March, 2017 - 20:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

As you, I like the idea, but what a state of a car to advertise! If it was finished then fine, but to advertise it like that is beyond me: garage looks like a disaster area and the car itself looks to be in a million pieces.

John Beech
Prolific User
Username: jbeech

Post Number: 270
Posted on Thursday, 30 March, 2017 - 21:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I don't know Ben, did you read through the entire listing? These guys have loads of parts, experienced RR mechanics on staff, and all the tools. While I'd prefer to see the completed car as the lead photo (plus all of these as supporting evidence), I wouldn't necessarily run away screaming if I had the hots for such a car. If I were local I'd drop in on this shop because I suspect I'd be welcome to poke around. Then again, I don't know how the Brits respond to this type of thing but around here a mechanically inclined and knowledgeable customer like myself would be welcomed in a good shop.

Mark Luft
Experienced User
Username: bentleyman1993

Post Number: 47
Posted on Friday, 31 March, 2017 - 00:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have done and helped with a number of engine swaps and hot rod builds. I would never take on a challenge like this. Between the electronics and hydraulics, this is way out of my league. Also the ad (to me) was irritating. But I'd love to see the completed car.

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 562
Posted on Friday, 31 March, 2017 - 06:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

....yes, the ad text did lack a certain degree of brevity!...

Ben Curtis
Experienced User

Post Number: 41
Posted on Friday, 31 March, 2017 - 16:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The seller runs a RR and B breaking yard, much of his stuff is advertised at prices I would think very high.

I've done a couple of engine swaps, you just have to solve the puzzles one at a time. I like the idea of what he's done, not so keen on his presentation or the price.

John Beech
Prolific User
Username: jbeech

Post Number: 276
Posted on Saturday, 01 April, 2017 - 03:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The engine swap isn't all that "out there", Mark so if you've done one engine swap this one is a little different but not impossible. To begin, either an engine driven hydraulic pump or a master cylinder with hydro-boost would works well enough (these use an ordinary-ish GM power steering pump). Add an proportioning valve to get the right balance between fore and aft braking and presto!

As for the engine itself, if 'I' were faced with a $5000 repair bill I just swap in a Chevy LS7 - they're about 400ci and would be perfect for the mass of a Silver Shadow. The electronics for this installation are well developed and about the same-ish as for an LS1 engine swap. These swaps are routine in many older hot rods and detailed in dozens upon dozens of YouTube videos.

Ben Curtis
Frequent User

Post Number: 78
Posted on Thursday, 14 September, 2017 - 22:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Now a snip at £59,500....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bentley-T-1-BEING-converted-to-Bentley-Turbo-R-red-lableUNIQUE-The-only-one-/152701113516?hash=item238db214ac:g:ALwAAOSw0UdXttpH

Mark Luft
Prolific User
Username: bentleyman1993

Post Number: 101
Posted on Friday, 15 September, 2017 - 02:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

59.5k and it looks like that?? Check out his feedback, the first two are negative. I do like the concept.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: