David Harding's List Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » David Harding's List « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

ChrisG
Posted on Sunday, 18 March, 2001 - 14:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

An RROCA(NSW) member - David Harding - was in the process of compiling a comprehensive list a few years ago. Unfortunately he is an invalid and has not been to any meetings for some time, and my last e-mail to him bounced. He is still in the Club's register so I'll try to contact him by 'phone to alert him to this discussion.

There are some articles on the subject in the RROCA(NSW) journal, which I may find time to add to the online library.

David Harding
Posted on Sunday, 18 March, 2001 - 14:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

25 January was the day on which I learnt of the existence of this Online Discussion Board. Fair enough, except the news came from a certain illustrious R-R devotee who lives in Manchester, U.K. Egad!

He was prompted to do so by discussion on Rolls-Royce (and, I hope, Bentley) in films, wherein my name was mentioned - seems you remembered my project of documenting as many as possible of the films and TV series in which the cars make an appearance. Well, I’m still at it and the database is now of a formidable size – more than 500 titles and probably around 1,500 cars (I have never counted the cars, actually).

If David Diffrient, Rick Ford, Robin Hickman, Ron O’Connor and Kees Scherer would similarly care to make contact, I should be happy to reply to each – personally, if that is acceptable.

Bernard King (195.92.168.164)
Posted on Monday, 18 March, 2002 - 07:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi everybody
This is Bernard King, author/publisher of the Complete Classics series of R-R/B books. This is my first time on the R-ROCA discussion board and I was delighted to find this movie chat. Poor David Harding died of a massive stroke last August and I am absolutely determined to get his massive work on R-R/B cars into print. Since his passing, I have managed to add some 150 films to his 750 and have identified a large number of our favourite cars that have appeared in the movies.