"The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse"... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » "The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse" « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ron OConnor
Posted on Sunday, 18 March, 2001 - 14:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse features a Phantom II Continental. 74MY perhaps.

Rick Ford (Rickford)
Posted on Sunday, 18 March, 2001 - 14:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

BEWARE! All is not a bed of roses.

As a special favour you can all have access to large images of the indignities suffered by 74MY on the set of 'The Four Horsemen of The Apocalypse. Go to the website link below and click on small images numbers 3, 10 and 22. Use user name...rroc and PSS...74my.

All is not smooth sailing with film work. One evening I was left behind on the location 20 miles outside Paris whilst the chippies removed the woodwork before I could drive back to the city.

On the way the fumes from the exhaust seemed worse than usual, the swan neck of the tailpipe had holed above the rear axle. The production company, MGM, were reluctant to effect repairs. I pulled up and rolled back the sedanca roof. Continuing I found things were not improved, in fact the fumes stung my eyes and oddly smelt of wood. I stopped again and pulled up the rear seat cushions. With the inrush of air the smouldering woodwork of the body frame burst into flames. I rose upon the front seats and put out the blaze with the only means to hand for a gentleman. The fumes were many but the disaster averted.

http://oliford.portland.co.uk/published/car166.html

Bill Coburn (203.51.26.246)
Posted on Friday, 17 January, 2003 - 09:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This personal ingenuity in the face of automotive conflagration reminded me of a now deceased member and his friend racing through the Australian countryside in his Silver Cloud many years ago. No air conditioning and a stinking hot day, so all the windows were down and the speed was up! Both were prolific smokers. The driver tossed one of his butts out of his window and some time later taking a casual glance in the rear vision mirror, was startled to find the view totally obliterated by smoke. A frantic stop and the flaming rear seat was extracted hastily. In the absence of a conventional douser the blaze was extinguished with, as Rick relates above, the only means at hand.