For Sale @ Flying Spares Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » For Sale @ Flying Spares « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 720
Posted on Tuesday, 29 November, 2016 - 12:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Seems like a bargain for a MPW??

http://us3.campaign-archive1.com/?u=2b0ea8f921e008bf12b861aad&id=80c454d341&e=60d7e677b9

More images click below

http://www.flyingspares.com/rolls-royce-mulliner-park-ward-saloon-fsd324

The Peacock Blue Shadow looks pretty sweet as well.
POA, sounds expensive

http://www.flyingspares.com/rolls-royce-silver-shadow-on-behalf-of-a-customer.html

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2329
Posted on Tuesday, 29 November, 2016 - 12:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick,

P.O.A. - the tricks of sales are on display - must create an air of prestige and exclusivity to justify the asking price and pressure potential buyers to make a quick decision.

These are wasted on me as I immediately suspect something is being covered up for unsuspecting or uninformed purchasers.

I must admit the MPW is very attractive in Blue with the tan upholstery however the engine bay suggests past neglect has occurred. The lack of lap/sash seat belts is a problem for me - DRH14434 had lap/sash front belts and lap rear belts fitted with a chrome sash belt locating fixture mounted on the rear side window trim panel. This fixture positioned the sash belt perfectly for the front seat occupants but would entangle the rear seat passengers entering and leaving the car.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 721
Posted on Tuesday, 29 November, 2016 - 13:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ok,

Good point David, seat belts in Coups or FHC's can be a real issue.

Yes,
I don't mind this car in blue, the interior is quite nice.

Engine bays can be cleaned up.

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 432
Posted on Tuesday, 29 November, 2016 - 14:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick...
Yes, bottom end of the pricing scale for a decent MPW, however given the typical used car salesmen's proclivity to wax eloquent about any trash heap, the fact that the most they could muster is that it "runs and drives" should be a signal!! Also, RHD models are downgraded...oops, faux pas!

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 722
Posted on Tuesday, 29 November, 2016 - 14:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

As you rightly say Christian.
Sounds great, but would certainly need a VERY close inspection.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 1056
Posted on Wednesday, 30 November, 2016 - 17:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sold for £12,000-00. IMO a good buy.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 731
Posted on Wednesday, 30 November, 2016 - 19:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Would be good to hear from the new owner as to how it is Pat.

John Beech
Frequent User
Username: jbeech

Post Number: 85
Posted on Thursday, 01 December, 2016 - 08:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Were it left hand drive I would purchase and repatriate it to the States.

John, who has a hard on for a coupe but cannot afford to be stupid and add another car to the family - just yet - but would blindly take a leap of faith for a really good deal because life is short and my daughter will likely fart it away, regardless.

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master

Post Number: 435
Posted on Thursday, 01 December, 2016 - 09:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Caveat Emptor...
While a sale at that price may in fact be a deal, you will note first that the seller had to reduce the price to that level to induce a sale, and secondly, Flying Spares is certainly in a position, better than most used car sales outlets, to appreciate the issues with the particular car, and if that is what they felt it was worth, coupled with the magnanimous description that it was "running and driving", you can be rather well assured that that is all it was worth for any number of undisclosed reasons.

We all know that paying for condition at the outset is a good decision when purchasing any vehicle. "Sorting things out" can be exhaustively time consuming and frustrating, without even mentioning the expense. Yes, it was low priced, but "quality is remembered long after price is forgotten". Best wishes are conveyed to the new owner.

There is another saying in the yachting community that the two happiest days of a yacht owner's life are the day he buys the yacht and the day he sells the yacht...ditto for cheap Silver Shadows or derivitives.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 734
Posted on Thursday, 01 December, 2016 - 11:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

What is the other old saying Christian.

There is nothing more expensive, than a cheap Silver Shadow.

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master

Post Number: 437
Posted on Thursday, 01 December, 2016 - 12:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick...
Yes. That was it. Alzheimers probably getting to me and I couldn't put my finger on it!

P.S. On the other hand that Cloud II at Shannons looks like it could be a worthwhile investment, depending on final sales price. Too bad it is in Australia, RHD, and therefore upside down for use in USA!!

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 735
Posted on Thursday, 01 December, 2016 - 13:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Christian,

I do like the yacht analogy.

I can suffer from the same thing on way to many occasions.

Yes I though it looked great as well.

The reserve seems way to cheap, probably just to get the buyers in mate.

Mark Luft
New User
Username: bentleyman1993

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, 02 December, 2016 - 06:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Christian,
MY FIRST Bentley was an S2 rhd. I loved driving around Virginia and DC with it. When someone would tell me I was sitting on the wrong side of the car, I would respond by saying, "Nonsense, I'm on the RIGHT side of the car".
And yes, the Shannons Cloud II looks great.

Mark Taxis
Prolific User
Username: mark_taxis

Post Number: 105
Posted on Friday, 02 December, 2016 - 08:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I think the cloud will go for considerably more than the estimate - that is unless there is a major issue with the car

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 738
Posted on Friday, 02 December, 2016 - 21:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I will keep an eye on the Cloud II and report back its sell price Mark.

Mark Taxis
Prolific User
Username: mark_taxis

Post Number: 106
Posted on Thursday, 08 December, 2016 - 14:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The Cloud 2 at Shannons sold for $39500. Not sure if the buyer premium is included in this, but regardless I think it was good buying if the car was in a good condition as indicated in the report

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 751
Posted on Thursday, 08 December, 2016 - 16:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Mark
Check out my update to the Shannons auction in idle chatter

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: