Spin on versus cartridge oil filters Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Spin on versus cartridge oil filters « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bill Coburn
Grand Master
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 311
Posted on Friday, 21 January, 2005 - 17:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

A simple question. Can I remove the cartridge type pedestal and filter housing from an early vee eight and bolt on a spin on pedestal?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Dare
Grand Master
Username: jgdare

Post Number: 102
Posted on Friday, 21 January, 2005 - 18:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes indeed you can Bill and may I urge you to do so, since Robert C did this for me recently. I wont bore readers (again) with the benefits since they appear here (many as they are!) in this forum under various headings. Mind you, once you have converted, you will be automatically disqualified from entering the oil filter change competition ("spin-on" versus cartridge type) where the prize of A$3000 (three thousand) STILL awaits anyone, anywhere, who can change the latter quicker than the former. I see I have finally caught up with you in that now I TOO am a "GRAND MASTER"!. As it happens, I have a fancy dress party to go to tomorrow and was considering a white pointed hat not unknown to certain regions of North America, but being mindful of Prince Harrys experiment I think I will just go as myself and pour the drinks. That might be somewhat safer.