Rolls Royce & Bentley "Parade"... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Rolls Royce & Bentley "Parade" « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Martin Cutler (203.18.6.104)
Posted on Tuesday, 16 April, 2002 - 11:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

For anyone in Sydney tonight, and is interested, I am taking part in a "parade" of sorts, organised by Vivian Reid, taking patrons from the Intercontinental Hotel in Bridge Street, on a tour around the city ending at the Opera House. Reportedly there is going to be 74 Rolls Royce and Bentley motor cars in Phillip Street from 6 PM tonight, picking up the patrons at 6.15. Should make an interesting Logistical nightmare!

Damn! Left my camera at home!

Posted on Wednesday, 17 April, 2002 - 11:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Wow! heaps of cars, the City council go a bit upset about the double parking. Good to see so many faces and cars. Traffic was a nightmare, Chloe got to 95 degrees, but fortunately no higher. Must organise that electric fan!

Steven D Murray (62.252.64.4)
Posted on Thursday, 02 May, 2002 - 02:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

That sounded like a laugh. Why were they giving patrons of the Intercontinental a tour and why did that need 74 cars? Was it a special occassion or did Vivian just feel like casuing chaos?

Did you hear about the big "parade" through Windsor Castle, here in England, last Saturday (27th April 2002) for the Queen's Golden Jubilee? That was about 550 cars passing in front of HM (she must have been bored!)

I put photos on www.ampthill1.freeserve.co.uk/RREC/rrec.html (case sensitive) and under the Golden Jubilee tab.

Posted on Thursday, 02 May, 2002 - 09:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It was for a large group of American tourists, they got to sit champagne in the back while being stuck in the traffic! All good fun.

chrisg (144.137.124.253)
Posted on Tuesday, 07 May, 2002 - 23:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Walter Wilson's reconstruction of Silver Ghost 60747 was fifth in the Golden Jubilee parade line, after THE Silver Ghost "AX201" (60511) and the 10HP car. In an e-mail he told us that Liz only bothered to review the first two hundred! (I would have stayed till the last Cloud!)

I feel very smug because I've sat in the 10HP, ridden in AX201 and driven 60747 quite some distance around Scotland and Ireland in 1997. :-)