Window lift motor for late SZ cars. R... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Window lift motor for late SZ cars. Repair service.... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Towers
Frequent User
Username: xtriple

Post Number: 53
Posted on Wednesday, 04 May, 2016 - 05:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

May not be a lot of use to you chaps in the Antipodes but there is a chap down here in darkest Cornwall who will repair these units, replace the plastic ferrule (the bit that always breaks) with a brass one, new cables and grease job for £90 plus postage.
He will also supply these brass ferrules for an awful lot less than FS want (they want £48 per one and they are tiny!) I think a price is negotiable but less than a tenner each, which could be of some use to you guys out there.
Anyone wants contact details ask away.

No, no commission, no involvement just impressed with the chap as it's a secondary job to making coffee machines which is what they do the majority of the time.

Because I'm fairly local, he drove up from Launceston this morning, collected my broken unit, went back, repaired it and then has just delivered it back to me!

Must be mad! Said he fancied a drive :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 999
Posted on Thursday, 05 May, 2016 - 08:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

These bits can made by hand.

But before you, do try the motor first because this bit is the brake and may not be necessary as mine were.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: