Classics on the coast 24/05/2015 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Classics on the coast 24/05/2015 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Howlett
Prolific User
Username: bobhowlett

Post Number: 139
Posted on Monday, 25 May, 2015 - 18:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

As promised here are some pictures of some wonderful cars and their dedicated owners .. Was a great day out. I did'nt take the pictures I was drunk on the beach
cheers
rob

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Prolific User
Username: soviet

Post Number: 273
Posted on Saturday, 30 May, 2015 - 13:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well done Bob, it just shows how useful "drunk on the beach can be"

Beautiful cars and memories. Yeehah! I am about to go to the Rodeo in Camooweal north of Mount Isa to watch the wild cowboys from Rocklands Station get mauled by angry bulls.

No doubt all of us will wake up in a jail cell by morning, pity out here no good iron to look at.

Robert Noel Reddington
Experienced User
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 26
Posted on Sunday, 31 May, 2015 - 07:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

2nd from last red Caddilac. And the two clouds. The S-12230 older car. I like them all. Like a kid in a sweet shop.

Robert Noel Reddington
Experienced User
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 29
Posted on Sunday, 31 May, 2015 - 08:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I forgot the trumpet hard tail that looks nice. I think its a sprung hub. Don't see many now rare. This one is modified with a bonnivile top end Barrels head and carbs
The carbs look to be Amal GPs.

Jan Forrest
Grand Master
Username: got_one

Post Number: 801
Posted on Friday, 12 June, 2015 - 00:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Recently a completely restored - to showroom condition - T110 Thunderbird was up for sale in a local bike shop for a very reasonable £3500. If only I'd had the mad money at the time ... *drool*

Robert Howlett
Prolific User

Post Number: 147
Posted on Wednesday, 08 July, 2015 - 19:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yeah the woman patting the triumph was a client that the wife cares for .It bought back memory's of a time she was twenty again. She cried rubbing the gas tank.

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 1574
Posted on Wednesday, 08 July, 2015 - 21:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Very nostalgic, the Riviera did it for me although I have an extant life time ambition (not much left mind you) to drive the ilk of the Cadillac. The nearest size wise I have driven is a centurion tank and a D7 bull dozer. The tank stroker lady I emphasise with although I haven't quite got to that stage yet but memory prompts as pictured there are just great! Thanks for the mutual Robert!

Randy Roberson
Grand Master
Username: wascator

Post Number: 484
Posted on Thursday, 09 July, 2015 - 00:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The Cadillacs were great: all the trim was cast metal, chrome plated, and they were very carefully and substantially built at one time. Designed to ease around and be comfortable in, mind you, not for sporting, but very substantial. Until the 1970s and the explosion of government regulation, plastics, emissions, etc.

Robert Howlett
Prolific User

Post Number: 149
Posted on Thursday, 09 July, 2015 - 19:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

its always a pleasure Bill. I remember a time you went out to your shed measure the lift on the hydrologic jack to remove those troublesome springs out on my 72 shadow "many thanks" mate