RR363 in Melbourne Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » RR363 in Melbourne « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gavan Evans
Experienced User
Username: gavan

Post Number: 15
Posted on Monday, 02 February, 2015 - 11:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Does anyone know of a supplier with stock in Melbourne? Poor SRH14634 is very low and needs to get back on the road.

Jean-Pierre 'JP' Hilbert
Experienced User
Username: jphilbert

Post Number: 43
Posted on Monday, 02 February, 2015 - 19:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

RR363 was available at Flying Spares again last week, for the first time in months. I would not be able to advise you on an Australian source, but at least Castol is brewing that stuff again!
There is plenty of discussion on this forum about substitutes: straight DOT4 for replenishing in small quantities, or DOT4+10% castor oil or even PAG airconditionnning oil. No guarantee given here as I have no exposure to this, my car is LHM.

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 3177
Posted on Monday, 02 February, 2015 - 21:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Guys. Don't panic. BP Castrol Australia has repeatedly promised deliveries in the coming weeks for almost two years now but the lie has finally emerged this week. BP has dumped a range of Castrol Australia's niche products like RR363.

Now it is official from BP Castrol Australi, and the miserable wait is over. The local spares industry will, I promise, provide a solution very soon. These blokes have been airfreighting the stuff in for a long time at cost to themselves to keep your cars serviced with new fluid every two years as is necessary. That will be sorted within weeks.

Be calm. There will be an unlimited supply here at the right price very soon now that BPC has rolled over.

We cannot blame BP really as the total market revenue in Australia for a year is less than a month's salary for a salesman. The gross margin would buy a pissup at a pub for three blokes and a tin of dog food for Rover. The net margin is negarive.

RT.

Mark Aldridge
Prolific User
Username: mark_aldridge

Post Number: 190
Posted on Tuesday, 03 February, 2015 - 08:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard, any chance of an unlimited supply in the UK "at the right price"! Currently £24 per litre in the UK, just appeared on suppliers web sites.
Mark

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 1190
Posted on Tuesday, 03 February, 2015 - 13:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

At £24 (currently $36.09 USD) you've got it better than those in the USA do. The lowest price I've seen since the supply reappeared a few days ago is $40/litre.

Long live YAK363.